Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello there

i have been reading all the relevant post and guides
i have had a detail read of the guide and emphasising on the fact that hackintosh is not for lazy people.
So in order to be active I have opened a new post.
easy for me and for the legend Rehabman
coming to the point

After reading the Guide to install Yosimite in HP Laptop I have managed to create a boot usb.
when i insert it to boot I get Synaptics interrupting then Still Waiting for Root
i have read and read about Still waiting for root and now i am in the position either to give up or ask for you legends and gurus out there to literally spoon feed me.

1) Can any of you suggest a video to create a usb boot for HP laptops specifically.
2) Or can anyone write me the steps in their on words about the usb disk (Not the guide as i tried this)
3) Can anyone tell me specifically in relation to HP 9470m why i have still waiting for the root device?

Please ask me questions or email me.

Hello there

i have been reading all the relevant post and guides
i have had a detail read of the guide and emphasising on the fact that hackintosh is not for lazy people.
So in order to be active I have opened a new post.
easy for me and for the legend Rehabman
coming to the point

After reading the Guide to install Yosimite in HP Laptop I have managed to create a boot usb.
when i insert it to boot I get Synaptics interrupting then Still Waiting for Root
i have read and read about Still waiting for root and now i am in the position either to give up or ask for you legends and gurus out there to literally spoon feed me.

1) Can any of you suggest a video to create a usb boot for HP laptops specifically.
2) Or can anyone write me the steps in their on words about the usb disk (Not the guide as i tried this)
3) Can anyone tell me specifically in relation to HP 9470m why i have still waiting for the root device?

Please ask me questions or email me.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Thank you
here is my system spec

Attachments

• Details.jpg
    Details.jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 1,147
2b. (Manual way)- Download Yosemite Install app from AppStore.- Right click to Yosemite Install app > Show Package Contents > Contents > Shared Support, open InstallESD.dmg.
- Open OS X Install ESD partition, open BaseSystem.dmg (hidden file)
- Use Disk Utility to clone OS X Base System to MacUSB partition.
Ub9sEsy.png

- Go to System/Installation of USB and delete the alias “Packages”, then go to “OS X Install ESD” partition, copy the “Packages” to the folder System/Installation of your USB
- Copy BaseSystem.dmg and BaseSystem.chunklist (hidden files) from OS X Install ESD to the root of OS X Base System (on your USB)

Rehab man it is an honour to be seeking help from you bro.

Lets come to the point.

I have read your post and please see the part that i am focusing on I have copy pasted this above.

Questions:
1) I have done 2 partitions as you suggested. The laptop 9470m does not boot from the usb. Why?
2) Why does it straight go to windows 8?
3) I have another usb which I made from Unibeast. With this drive, I am able to boot to Macosx installation screen but I get the message 'Still waiting for root device. What can be the solution?
4) Second of all in your Manual Way of creating Yosemite usb disk, you state in 2b 'Copy BaseSystem.dmg and BaseSystem.chunklist (hidden files) from OS X Install ESD to the root of OS X Base System (on your USB)'. What is the root of OSX? Is this a new folder i create or do I copy paste it in the usb drive only (is that what you mean by root?)?

Questions:
1) I have done 2 partitions as you suggested. The laptop 9470m does not boot from the usb. Why?
2) Why does it straight go to windows 8?

Read the instructions carefully. You have to force USB boot with Esc+F9 at BIOS POST.

4) Second of all in your Manual Way of creating Yosemite usb disk, you state in 2b 'Copy BaseSystem.dmg and BaseSystem.chunklist (hidden files) from OS X Install ESD to the root of OS X Base System (on your USB)'. What is the root of OSX? Is this a new folder i create or do I copy paste it in the usb drive only (is that what you mean by root?)?

First of all, it is not my guide... it was written by nguyenmac.

If you don't understand '2b', use '2a' -- there is less chance for pilot error with '2a' and you'll get a recovery partition.

Root means at the root of the USB (not in a subdirectory).

Hello,
I also have a 9470m and can't boot using clover.
I have yosemite booting with chameleon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back