Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,

first sorry for my bad english ;)
i´m just making my Elitebook to a Sierra Hackintosh and i only have problems getting USB to working as it should.

When i install Clover for Sierra from here, i have no USB ports working but the HP boots without problems into Sierra.
After some research i´ve found an EFI Folder from someone who also own a 8540p and got it working. (on an Turkish Forum, except Wifi)

The Problem now is that i have to start the Laptop for 4-6 times until it will boot into Sierra when i try his EFI Folder (often it hangs up at the Apple Boot Sequence) and only sometimes the USB ports work (only the 2.0, the 2x 3.0 havent worked yet).

So my question can someone help me out, i think it has something to do with the IOPCIFamily.kext or DSDT??

I´ve never had USB problems by my other Hackintoshes.

My Specs are:

Core i5 540m
NVS5100M
4GB RAM
180GB SSD

I´ve attached the config.plist were the usb ports sometimes work after a couple of hangs at startup.

The downloaded EFI Folder from the Turkish Site contains also a Lilu.kext which was in the Clover kext folder but i´ll have to remove it because otherwise it wouldn´t start.

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• config.plist
    1.8 KB · Views: 1,204
Last edited:
Not a User Build - Moved to Laptop Support.

Hello everyone,

first sorry for my bad english ;)
i´m just making my Elitebook to a Sierra Hackintosh and i only have problems getting USB to working as it should.

When i install Clover for Sierra from here, i have no USB ports working but the HP boots without problems into Sierra.
After some research i´ve found an EFI Folder from someone who also own a 8540p and got it working. (on an Turkish Forum, except Wifi)

The Problem now is that i have to start the Laptop for 4-6 times until it will boot into Sierra when i try his EFI Folder (often it hangs up at the Apple Boot Sequence) and only sometimes the USB ports work (only the 2.0, the 2x 3.0 havent worked yet).

So my question can someone help me out, i think it has something to do with the IOPCIFamily.kext or DSDT??

I´ve never had USB problems by my other Hackintoshes.

My Specs are:

Core i5 540m
NVS5100M
4GB RAM
180GB SSD

I´ve attached the config.plist were the usb ports sometimes work after a couple of hangs at startup.

The downloaded EFI Folder from the Turkish Site contains also a Lilu.kext which was in the Clover kext folder but i´ll have to remove it because otherwise it wouldn´t start.

Thanks a lot!

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back