Graphics
HD4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, i have succesfully installed Lion on my HP Elitebook 8460p with this config:

i5 2520m
HD3000
4gb ram

everything works great except from sleep mode, is there any way to fix this??

thank you

Hi, i have succesfully installed Lion on my HP Elitebook 8460p with this config:

i5 2520m
HD3000
4gb ram

everything works great except from sleep mode, is there any way to fix this??

thank you

What are you doing for DSDT? Have you patched it? How did you install OS X?

Note: This is Lion "Desktop" forum. This thread should probably be moved to Lion ProBook forum... I will move after your next reply.

I installed lion with unibeast with laptop support

Then installed kexts with multibeast And thats it

Any suggestions?

Thank You!

I installed lion with unibeast with laptop support

Then installed kexts with multibeast And thats it

Any suggestions?

Thank You!

What did you install w/ Multibeast. Installing certain things from there will break sleep. On the ProBook's we generally do not use Multibeast.

Proper sleep might require DSDT edits. Have you looked at the ProBook patches for applicability to your DSDT:
https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch

What is the hardware specs of your 8460p?

You might be able to just do a fresh install using latest ProBook installer depending on how your laptop specs line up against 4x30s/4x40s.

Hi, i installed this with multibeast

VoodooHDA 2.7.3
USB 3.0 - NEC
hnak's AppleIntel E1000e
Macbook Pro 8,1 system definition
Voodoops2 And voodoobatterylion

And system utilities

I have noticed that webcam is not working, but it is no important right now, im more concerned about sleep...

So, You think that a fresh install And using probook installer would fix it?

Thanks for your support!

Hi, i installed this with multibeast

VoodooHDA 2.7.3
USB 3.0 - NEC
hnak's AppleIntel E1000e
Macbook Pro 8,1 system definition
Voodoops2 And voodoobatterylion

And system utilities

I have noticed that webcam is not working, but it is no important right now, im moré concerned about sleep...

So, You thank that a flesh install And using probook installer would fix it?

Thanks for your support!

Can you post your (raw) DSDT? I can look at it and tell you whether the 4530s patches apply (I suspect they do). If they do, you can use the ProBook Installer v6.1 since it has auto DSDT patcher and SSDT generator.

The only thing you'd need from Multibeast is AppleIntelE100e.kext.

What WiFi does it have?

i get this error when extracting my dsdst

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20091214 [Dec 16 2009]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2009 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 4.0

/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 1: ACPIR.CPU1, 0x80)
Error 4096 - ^ syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG, expecting PARSEOP_DEFINITIONBLOCK

ASL Input: /Users/admin/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl - 27830 lines, 955739 bytes, 0 keywords
Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

but here is my dsdt from my elite book

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nkicm6xky64n4k5/dsdtelitebook.dsl

hope this helps

Here's your patched dsdt. I advice you to remove:
VoodooHDA, Voodoops2, voodoobatterylion, FakeSMC, PXHCD, NullCPUPowerManagement
and install these kexts instead:
AppleHDA, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, JMB38X from www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/83076-hp-probook-6470b.html (remember to remove buggy VoodooHDA first)
Voodoops2, ACPI Battery, FakeSMC, AppleXHCI from RehabMan

You can try removing SATA kexts installed by MB to boot faster, remember to backup first :mrgreen:

You never get interal wifi works with this machine, buy an usb wifi to connect Internet.

Attachments

• patcheddsdtelitebook.zip
    86.5 KB · Views: 186
i get this error when extracting my dsdst

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20091214 [Dec 16 2009]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2009 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 4.0

/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 1: ACPIR.CPU1, 0x80)
Error 4096 - ^ syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG, expecting PARSEOP_DEFINITIONBLOCK

ASL Input: /Users/admin/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl - 27830 lines, 955739 bytes, 0 keywords
Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

but here is my dsdt from my elite book

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nkicm6xky64n4k5/dsdtelitebook.dsl

hope this helps

You are not extracting your DSDT there, you're compiling it (you had already extracted it, then decompiled it).

Yes, you could use the ProBook Installer v6.1b7 to create a patched DSDT, or use the one provided by nguyenmac if his selections for the patch options meet your needs (single link display, fan readings only, no battery temperature reading). Your DSDT is essentially a 4x30s DSDT and all the patches for the 4x30s will apply...

Here's your patched dsdt. I advice you to remove:
VoodooHDA, Voodoops2, voodoobatterylion, FakeSMC, PXHCD, NullCPUPowerManagement
and install these kexts instead:
AppleHDA, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, JMB38X from www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/83076-hp-probook-6470b.html (remember to remove buggy VoodooHDA first)
Voodoops2, ACPI Battery, FakeSMC, AppleXHCI from RehabMan

I think you meant GenericUSBXHCI for AppleXHCI.

Easy way: use the ProBook Installer v6.1. But do remove some of the voodoo items (VoodooHDA.kext, VoodooBatteryLion.kext) yourself. The rest will be taken care of by the ProBook Installer.

You can try removing SATA kexts installed by MB to boot faster, remember to backup first :mrgreen:

You never get interal wifi works with this machine, buy an usb wifi to connect Internet.

Just a side note/question: You might be able to replace the internal WiFi card with one that is compatible (Atheros 9285)... or is there a whitelist on this laptop BIOS that prevents it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back