Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Sleep Wake Problem Report.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 78
  • WindowServer_MacBook-Air.crash.zip
    14.1 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Well some "success"

With ig-platform-id 0x16260004 and me leaving the system alone for about 45 minutes it generated a crash report on sleep wake. Any helpful information in this?

Try without accelerator kext (eg. delete AppleIntelBDWGraphics.kext).

Try without accelerator kext (eg. delete AppleIntelBDWGraphics.kext).

So the lcd is still acting the same (black screen with backlight) but the system seems to be responsive still.

So I hooked a monitor up to the displayport, it sleeps and wakes up as expected. I'm able to interact with the system even though the lcd is not showing anything. Should I grab an ioreg dump in this state?

So I hooked a monitor up to the displayport, it sleeps and wakes up as expected. I'm able to interact with the system even though the lcd is not showing anything. Should I grab an ioreg dump in this state?

I take it that with the accelerator kext, you don't have anything on the external monitor?

I take it that with the accelerator kext, you don't have anything on the external monitor?

It has an image and then as soon as I try to interact with the system I get the spinning color wheel and then the screen goes black.

It has an image and then as soon as I try to interact with the system I get the spinning color wheel and then the screen goes black.

So something is wrong with the accelerator kext in the new Sierra with your hardware.
No further ideas.
Maybe it will be magically fixed in 10.13.

So something is wrong with the accelerator kext in the new Sierra with your hardware.
No further ideas.

To summarize: HP Elitebook 840 G2 and possibly any laptop using the Intel HD5500 Graphics Package on Sierra greater than 10.12.3 has an issue with the internal display not working (Black Screen with Backlight on) after display sleep or system sleep. Disabling the AppleIntelBDWGraphics.kext and using ig-platmform-id 0x16260004 will allow for an external display to resume correctly but has no effect on the internal display issue.

If anyone else has any ideas I'd be happy to provide any more details, logs etc.

Thanks @RebabMan for trying to work through this issue with me.

No further ideas.

So I did a clean install of 10.11.6 per the guide...

Display Sleeps then wakes but gets weird... See attached video

I shutdown and then restart and then have no sound but display is normal. Another reboot and sound is magically back and everything is back to normal. I am able to repeat this process.

Attachments

• display.mp4.zip
    652.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Problem Reporting.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back