Contribute
Register

HP Elitebook 840 G2 - Sleep/Wake issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your issue might have to do with the SSD you installed (Intel SSDs are not a good choice for hacks).
You might try disabling the TRIM patch.

I swapped out the intel ssd and replaced it with a hdd. Still the same issue.

Check BIOS settings.
I reset the BIOS to factory defaults and followed the Guide very carefully on settings. Same results.

Would it be helpful to detail all of the BIOS settings options available and show my options chosen?

BIOS is version M71 Ver. 01.21

HP's website calls it 01.21 Rev.A

I reset the BIOS to factory defaults and followed the Guide very carefully on settings. Same results.

Would it be helpful to detail all of the BIOS settings options available and show my options chosen?

BIOS is version M71 Ver. 01.21

HP's website calls it 01.21 Rev.A

You should reply in the ProBook guide thread to see if others with the same hardware have the same issue.
You can compare results, BIOS version, BIOS settings, etc.

You might try different SMBIOS.

You should reply in the ProBook guide thread to see if others with the same hardware have the same issue.
You can compare results, BIOS version, BIOS settings, etc.

You might try different SMBIOS.

Thanks you for the suggestion I will post in that thread.

I tried Macbookpro 12,1 SMBIOS and still had the same results.

Thanks you for the suggestion I will post in that thread.

I tried Macbookpro 12,1 SMBIOS and still had the same results.

You should try other SMBIOS such as MacBookPro11,1 or MacBookAir6,2.
Be prepared to provide details on the issue, complete with detailed instructions for reproducing the issue.

My guess is that it has something to do with BIOS settings or the 1600x900 display.

You should try other SMBIOS such as MacBookPro11,1 or MacBookAir6,2.
Be prepared to provide details on the issue, complete with detailed instructions for reproducing the issue.

My guess is that it has something to do with BIOS settings or the 1600x900 display.

I plugged an external display into the display port and mirrored the displays. That worked perfectly..

Told the display to sleep. When I tried to wake, the laptop LCD turned on but was just black. The external display was good. I started to move my mouse and then the system became unresponsive. Don't know if that helps anything.

I plugged an external display into the display port and mirrored the displays. That worked perfectly..

Told the display to sleep. When I tried to wake, the laptop LCD turned on but was just black. The external display was good. I started to move my mouse and then the system became unresponsive. Don't know if that helps anything.

No further ideas other than those already mentioned in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back