Contribute
Register

HP Elitebook 820G3 Wifi card

Status
Not open for further replies.
RehabMan,
I tried boot by verbose (-v) and shutdown but both Wifi and harddisk led still keep on
can advise if I need to do anything to have it solved?

thank you!!
Kent

What do you see in verbose shutdown?

Apple -> Shut down, after all opened application closed, I can see the dock sinking then freeze at half of it, after awhile a black screen without anything...

it was like this after I have a correct display setting.
:O

RehabMan,

thank you very much for you help. Here is the troubleshoot files attached.
I also attached the console log which I shutdown at 03:00:14am, all the even that appear. Hope it helpful.

I already disable docking USB as well but seem no luck.

Attachments

• RehnaMan-28Oct.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 12.01.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 12.01.26 AM.png
    309.5 KB · Views: 104
RehabMan,

thank you very much for you help. Here is the troubleshoot files attached.
I also attached the console log which I shutdown at 03:00:14am, all the even that appear. Hope it helpful.

I already disable docking USB as well but seem no luck.

Remove unnecessary software:
at.obdev.nke.LittleSnitch

Do a fresh install to insure your system is clean.

From where did you download OS X?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Consider Sierra instead of El Capitan.

Check BIOS version/BIOS options.

I download El Capitan last year for my 820G1, and create the USB boot from my 820G1 hackintosh.
Little snitch just install last night so should not caused by this.
BIOS already the latest so should not be a problem, for BIOS options, reviewed and think it should be fine.

Will find and download Sierra

is it safe to use this hackintosh to build the USB installer?

RehabMan,

I have done 10.12 Sierra install, it smoother than I expected!!

BTW I still have encounter below problem:
1) Harddisk and Wifi indicator still "on" or it still amber led on. The indicator have 2 color, amber and white: wifi amber may mean not connected to wifi network ( I saw it was always amber anyway), and harddisk: amber may mean shock protection and white mean read / wirte.
after I Power off my notebook. I found that they always on even I unplug and plug back the battery. However, it won't happen after I shutdown by Windows
- tried EC reset, wifi led was off after plug in battery, but hdd led still on. After plug in power support, the wifi indicator was on.
Shutdown again were the same - both wifi and hdd LED in amber)

I can see the shutdown message in verbose mode:

after CPU halted:
CPU halted
AirPort: Link down on awdl0. Reason 1 (Unspecified).
AGPI (not sure the first character): 391.061420:Airport_Brcm43xx:: syncPowerState: WWENI(disabled)

I am using BCM9435z card.

2) wifi button: after press, it will disable Bluetooth and Wifi. Press one more will only enable Bluetooth, Wifi cannot enable until reboot (no need go into Windows again)

thank you very much!
Kent

Attachments

• RehabMan29Oct.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 69
RehabMan,

I have done 10.12 Sierra install, it smoother than I expected!!

BTW I still have encounter below problem:
1) Harddisk and Wifi indicator still "on" or it still amber led on. The indicator have 2 color, amber and white: wifi amber may mean not connected to wifi network ( I saw it was always amber anyway), and harddisk: amber may mean shock protection and white mean read / wirte.
after I Power off my notebook. I found that they always on even I unplug and plug back the battery. However, it won't happen after I shutdown by Windows
- tried EC reset, wifi led was off after plug in battery, but hdd led still on. After plug in power support, the wifi indicator was on.
Shutdown again were the same - both wifi and hdd LED in amber)

I can see the shutdown message in verbose mode:

after CPU halted:
CPU halted
AirPort: Link down on awdl0. Reason 1 (Unspecified).
AGPI (not sure the first character): 391.061420:Airport_Brcm43xx:: syncPowerState: WWENI(disabled)

I am using BCM9435z card.

2) wifi button: after press, it will disable Bluetooth and Wifi. Press one more will only enable Bluetooth, Wifi cannot enable until reboot (no need go into Windows again)

thank you very much!
Kent

Try setting SHUT to 1 in your SSDT-8x0-G3-Skylake.aml.
Avoid using the WiFi button.

RehabMan,
use MaciASL to edit the SSDT-8x0-G3-Skylake.aml
change to : Name (SHUT, One), also do EC reset
but still no luck, thank you for your advise and not sure if anyway if it can be fixed.

Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back