Contribute
Register

HP Elitebook 820G3 Wifi card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo, success after reset EC (power off, pull out battery and press Power button over 15seconds) and upgrade BIOS.

Have 3 issues and I am continue to figure out:
1) it won't sleep when I close lid
2) brightness always the highest after restart
3) not sure if card reader can use, studying https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-make-a-generic-driver-for-any-card-reader.74471

thank you RehabMan!

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

As for card reader, you may be able to experiment with the kext linked from the FAQ.

RehabMan,
Sorry for late reply, I won't use the notebook for sometimes and last touch I should do a disable Wifi (already forgot why...) and today when I want to continue the work on SD card reader, and found I cannot enable it!

Have follow problem reporting (really careful this time) and attached here.
Clover, patchmatic -extract, IOreg, and terminal command output.

Do you encounter the notebook itself will drain all battery? I remember I have charged it but found no battery after 3 to 4 days, I ensure I was totally power off the notebook but still saw the wifi led was on (both keyboard and notebook body's LED)

Thanks in advance!!
Kent

Attachments

• RehnaMan.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 66
RehabMan,
Sorry for late reply, I won't use the notebook for sometimes and last touch I should do a disable Wifi (already forgot why...) and today when I want to continue the work on SD card reader, and found I cannot enable it!

Have follow problem reporting (really careful this time) and attached here.
Clover, patchmatic -extract, IOreg, and terminal command output.

Do you encounter the notebook itself will drain all battery? I remember I have charged it but found no battery after 3 to 4 days, I ensure I was totally power off the notebook but still saw the wifi led was on (both keyboard and notebook body's LED)

Thanks in advance!!
Kent

Your files are not up-to-date with respect to current github contents.
See here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

As far as the card reader, check into the WIP kext that is linked from the FAQ.

Oh yes, I just revisit the thread and found it was update (#3 about SHUT from 1 to 0... not sure if it is the battery drain to my case)

attached the "report problem files" after updated with github contents

So far problem I am having:
1) close lid but not sleep; immediate wake after Apple logo -> Sleep
2) Wifi was "Turn off" and cannot turn on

thank you very much!
Kent

Attachments

• RehnaMan 2.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 62
1) close lid but not sleep;

Known problem. Use Apple->Sleep.

immediate wake after Apple logo -> Sleep

Check BIOS settings. Make sure 'wake on usb' and 'wake on lan' are disabled.
Also, make sure you have the latest BIOS installed.

2) Wifi was "Turn off" and cannot turn on

I don't know what you mean.

RehabMan,
thank you very much! I already have updated BIOS, found Wake on USB was enable, have disable it and will try again tonight.

For the Wifi, I cannot switch it on at menu bar or in System Preferences, it keep Wifi:Off even I tried to power on thru Terminal by command:
networksetup -setairportpower en0 on

upload_2017-10-24_11-38-1.png
upload_2017-10-24_11-58-24.png

But Wifi keep Off anyway:banghead:

Can see what should caused it happen and how it can be fix?

RehabMan,
thank you very much! I already have updated BIOS, found Wake on USB was enable, have disable it and will try again tonight.

For the Wifi, I cannot switch it on at menu bar or in System Preferences, it keep Wifi:Off even I tried to power on thru Terminal by command:
networksetup -setairportpower en0 on

View attachment 287800View attachment 287803

But Wifi keep Off anyway:banghead:

Can see what should caused it happen and how it can be fix?

Verify WiFi is working in Windows.
And if you have a dedicated key/button on the laptop for WiFi, make sure you press it (then be patient).

Yea! Thank you so much!!!! Wifi was work again after I boot Windows!! fyi, wifi button no use when in hackintosh.

BTW, I found the harddisk led was always on even I shutdown, power off.... it won't happen when Windows.
I tried to unplug and plug in back battery, the harddisk LED still keep on, and only after I boot into hackintosh.

It won't happen in my 820G1

Not sure if it is one of the reason drain out the battery.

Yea! Thank you so much!!!! Wifi was work again after I boot Windows!! fyi, wifi button no use when in hackintosh.

BTW, I found the harddisk led was always on even I shutdown, power off.... it won't happen when Windows.
I tried to unplug and plug in back battery, the harddisk LED still keep on, and only after I boot into hackintosh.

It won't happen in my 820G1

Not sure if it is one of the reason drain out the battery.

You can boot verbose to get verbose shutdown.

RehabMan,
I tried boot by verbose (-v) and shutdown but both Wifi and harddisk led still keep on
can advise if I need to do anything to have it solved?

thank you!!
Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back