Contribute
Register

HP Dv7-3020ea 10.12.6 Success! 95%

Status
Not open for further replies.
i understand, the only EFI folder i have is on the root of the Disk, nowhere else, even mounted and checked the EFI partition to be sure. Are the files extracted immediately or should i wait a few minutes? If i delete the origin folder will then be generated automatically perhaps?

YES! got it. Thnx.

here is the origin folder

Make sure you fix the things already mentioned.

Other comments:
- remove HaltEnabler, PatchAPIC from config.plist
- CPU PM setup doesn't look right (see pinned guide)
- your profile is not filled out as per FAQ (correct as per FAQ before your next reply)
- why are you using FakeCPUID?
- InjectKexts should be "Detect" and all kexts you need should be installed to the system volume
- remove AddIMEI_80000 from your config.plist (DSDT is already patched for that)
- remove SetIntelBacklight from config.plist
- USB not implemented correctly (see pinned guide)

But you have old hardware... and I have no real experience with it (nor any desire to learn about it...)

OK! thank you for giving some of your precious time to help me!

I know it's old, but still does the job fast.

I will try to follow the guides more closely. Even though the laptop works very well even now. I should find a way to fix the slow restart-shutdown thing.

If should use only toledaArtp for wifi from now on and remove the fakeid kexts (used them for wifi only really).

Thank you again Sir!

27/09/17 UPDATE!

10.12.6 WORKS VERY WELL!

Updated from software update directly.

Not working:
-Brightness
-Fan Control
Cleaned DSDT, implemented Fan Reading(after many trial and error), but cannot control it,
i tried all your Probook patches great Rehabman, but i don't know what to modify...always getting errors
i don't care about brightness but Fan Control seems essential compared to windows temps...

Attaching config.plist and DSDT

..almost there!...almost!

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 163
  • DSDT.aml
    57.5 KB · Views: 91
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back