Graphics
NVIDIA GT 650m
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I've been working on trying to get mavericks on here for a day and now luck.

First I had the local apic error and cpus=1 fixed that. But now I'm getting a black screen after all of the verbose code when trying to boot to the installer. Currently using unibeast.

Specs.

i7 3612qm/hd4000
gt 650m
8gb ram

Any thoughts on how to deal with this?

So I've been working on trying to get mavericks on here for a day and now luck.

First I had the local apic error and cpus=1 fixed that. But now I'm getting a black screen after all of the verbose code when trying to boot to the installer. Currently using unibeast.

Specs.

i7 3612qm/hd4000
gt 650m
8gb ram

Any thoughts on how to deal with this?

Disable the nvidia from BIOS if you can... And what is the resolution of your laptop screen?
(Note: you may have a display if you plug in an external monitor to HDMI).

lol with hp's ****ty bios options that'll never happen. Will try the hdmi thing. I also have VGA too. And the resolution is 1920x1080

lol with hp's ****ty bios options that'll never happen. Will try the hdmi thing. I also have VGA too. And the resolution is 1920x1080

You need DSDT patches from my patch repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

"HD4000 High Resolution"
"Brightness Fix"
optional: "Rename GFX0 to IGPU

I really need to write a guide for this as more and more laptop displays are high resolution, which negates the ability to use IGPlatformID flags...

Generally VGA is not supported on OS X.

Ah. I'll give it a try. The HDMI thing worked a bit better as the monitor on my desk stayed on. (laptop didn't) but it froze shortly after on some message about starting my bluetooth. I'll give your pater a try and post again in a bit.

So, I have your patcher up and running and have it set to the correct link for sources but how do I use it to patch my usb stick?

Also, on a different note, would it be better to run OS X through VMware or would it be better to just install it directly?

So, I have your patcher up and running and have it set to the correct link for sources but how do I use it to patch my usb stick?

You would have to extract your DSDT using Linux, then patch the DSDT, then place it in /Extra/dsdt.aml on the USB stick.

But usually, we just use boot flags to disable enough stuff to make the installer run... eg:
GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v

Also, on a different note, would it be better to run OS X through VMware or would it be better to just install it directly?

Running in a VM is not supported here.

You would have to extract your DSDT using Linux, then patch the DSDT, then place it in /Extra/dsdt.aml on the USB stick.

But usually, we just use boot flags to disable enough stuff to make the installer run... eg:
GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v

Running in a VM is not supported here.

I'm just asking your opinion on the VM. I'm still trying to do a physical install. I was just wondering if there would be any noticable differences between a VM and a physical install performance wise.

Also since I've got an external monitor working do I really need to patch the ddst right now? I really don't have access to a linux install right now as this is my only usb stick.

I was just wondering if there would be any noticable differences between a VM and a physical install performance wise.

Yes -- VMs suck.

Also since I've got an external monitor working do I really need to patch the ddst right now? I really don't have access to a linux install right now as this is my only usb stick.

If you have access to your install via external monitor, you can just use MaciASL on OS X. No need for Linux.

Getting stuck at this point. Boot flags are -x -v cpus=1

Any thoughts?

20131026_134949.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back