ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,
I'v just finished configuring the SL retail installation on my HP Pavillion dv6 1128el (here its specs)

Everything i checked is working fine, but the audio devices (High Definition Audio)..

SystemInfo reportes 2 audio devices:

Code:
8086:293e      Intel Corporation    82801l (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller
1002:aa38      ATI Technologies    RV710/730

I read on the web, that VoodooHDA should work with these devices, but it doesn't.
With newer versions (2.7.3 for example), i can hear sounds but mi doesn't work, i can' adjust volume and PreferencePane is all greyedout..

The only version which kinda work is the old 0.2.43, in which i edited the Info.plist in this way:

Code:
            <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
            <string>0x293e8086</string>

Now mic works (after adjusting volumes) and also sound volume can be changed, but it is too low, it just changes in an half of the slider, in the other it just remain muted...

Newer versions have the "VoodooHDAEnableHalfVolumeFix" key into Info.plist, but i can't use these versions since the don't work at all...
Can you help me with this?

Another thing that doesn't work is Sleep, but i think it cannot be fixed, am i right?
Thank you for your help :)

Your solution works exactly as the VoodooHDA i already installed...
The patched version in your link just have the "VoodooHDAEnableVolumeChangeFix" and not the "VoodooHDAEnableHalfVolumeFix", wich is what i need...

I'm trying to make the voodooHDA 2.7.3 work, but i think i should find the NodesToPatch...
I've read on the web how to patch them, but getDump and getExtDump tools report wrong values, comparing them to the linux codec dump...
And i can't find how to extract needed info from linux dump... :(

I need help, i really want to learn how to patch this kext, please help :(

Here are the dump of my 2 audio cards made under linux (cat /proc/asound/card...)

Attachments

• card0.txt
    9 KB · Views: 114
  • card1.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 176
Well, eventually, i solved the sound problem by myself (very long time ago) and solved also other problems :headbang:

For the voodooHDA problem, i have successfully configured voodooHDA 2.7.3 to work with my spec:
to do this, i just edited the Info.plist within the voodooHDA.kext and removed one of the 2 devices founded under the "
IOKitPersonalities" section.
Precisely, i removed the entire key referring to the ATI audio device (i recognized it thx to the "IOPCIPrimaryMatch" key) and turning to true the needed fixes in the remaining Intel audio device section.
Repaired the kext cache and permission, rebooted and the audio is working well :thumbup:

After that, i removed the "cpus=1" boot flag, by using a legacy kernel which made both cores of my Core2Duo work, but it broke the usb 2.0 functionality (including the webcam)..
It took some time to be fixed, but i also managed to solve this, by patching my DSDT and adding new irqs to HPET, avoiding any conflict between interrupts :D

Now seems that everything is working, but the sleep...
I could also ignoring this problem, but if you have some tips to tell me, please don't hesitate to reply :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back