Contribute
Register

HP dv6-6134tx Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should check for sure, but it is likely your HP has a Synaptics Trackpad. Both the keyboard and mouse should work with my trackpad/keyboard driver: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller. Be sure to visit the thread for the latest developments (I'm pretty active with preparing the next version right now).

Right so after a bit of researching I was able to intall your Kext and followed the tut you had on your page as well as the VoodooHDA kext to try and get audio working. However, when I tried to boot I got another AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement time out even though I had installed the lapic fix and went I tried to boot with the -f and cpus=1 flag I get this a appleusbbluetoothhcicontrollerusbtransport error. Had a look around there doesnt really seem to be a reason for this one.

I tried installing the NullCPUpowermanagement kext to see if that would fix it but it didnt.

I am still able to boot with -v -x and arch=i368 though

Again heres the screen. Boy I feel like a noob most of the time lol

panic4.jpg

Right so after a bit of researching I was able to intall your Kext and followed the tut you had on your page as well as the VoodooHDA kext to try and get audio working. However, when I tried to boot I got another AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement time out even though I had installed the lapic fix and went I tried to boot with the -f and cpus=1 flag I get this a appleusbbluetoothhcicontrollerusbtransport error. Had a look around there doesnt really seem to be a reason for this one.

I tried installing the NullCPUpowermanagement kext to see if that would fix it but it didnt.

I am still able to boot with -v -x and arch=i368 though

Again heres the screen. Boy I feel like a noob most of the time lol

View attachment 45374

You should post the details of your AICPM kp:
- contents of /Extra (dsdt, ssdt, smbios.plist, and org.chameleon.Boot.plist)
- make sure you used patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (from latest multibeast)
- photo of the kp

Also make sure VT-d is disabled in BIOS if available (something like "virtualization tech for directed I/O").

And I think if you make it as far as BT init, then you're now onto a graphics issue. Make sure you have the AMD graphics disabled in BIOS. Specwise, your laptop is very similar to the Probook, so it has got to be possible to make it work.

You should post the details of your AICPM kp:
- contents of /Extra (dsdt, ssdt, smbios.plist, and org.chameleon.Boot.plist)
- make sure you used patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (from latest multibeast)
- photo of the kp

Also make sure VT-d is disabled in BIOS if available (something like "virtualization tech for directed I/O").

And I think if you make it as far as BT init, then you're now onto a graphics issue. Make sure you have the AMD graphics disabled in BIOS. Specwise, your laptop is very similar to the Probook, so it has got to be possible to make it work.

Heres the contents of my /Extra folder:

View attachment Extra.zip

And yes I am using the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from the latest multibeast. When I boot thats the screen that hangs and proceeds no further, so Im not sure how to get to the actual kernal panic?

Heres the contents of my /Extra folder:

View attachment 45407

And yes I am using the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from the latest multibeast. When I boot thats the screen that hangs and proceeds no further, so Im not sure how to get to the actual kernal panic?

Go back to post 6 and 17.
Your org.chameleon.Boot.plist does not have DropSSDT=Yes
I think you should try also GraphicsEnabler=No.
Also try GenerateCStates=No, GeneratePStates=No.

Your smbios.plist shows System Definition as MacPro3,1. It should be MacBookPro8,2.

Your SSDT looks correct (2300Mhz -> 6 turbo -> 2900Mhz).

I thought you were getting a KP on AICPM? To get a picture of the KP, boot with -v, then use a camera.

Also, you have no DSDT in your /Extra. Have you extracted it yet? Does it have Scope (_PR) and Processor objects as described in post #6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back