Contribute
Register

HP dv6-6134tx Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok ill do that then, yea I can boot so Ill use MagicASL and post the DSDT

Turns out its an Australian exclusive model lol, so you have to go to the Australian support page to view it.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...link=ot_we/prodlink/en_au/5131417/loc:0&cc=au

That any help?

*edit* here are the specs, just used AIDA64

CPU: Mobile DualCore Intel Core i5-2410M, 2700 MHz (27 x 100)
Motherboard Chipset: Intel Cougar Point HM65, Intel Sandy Bridge
RAM: 4043 MB (DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM)
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000/AMD 6770M
Audio: IDT 92HD81B1X @ Intel Cougar Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [B-3]
HDD: TOSHIBA MK5076GSX (500 GB, 5400 RPM, SATA-II)
Network: Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030
USB2: Intel Cougar Point PCH - USB EHCI #2 Controller [B-3]
USB3: NEC uPD720200AF1 USB 3.0 Host Controller

Specs sound ok: Basically HM65 Sandy Bridge/HD3000. You will need to find/patch AppleHDA for your IDT audio codec (lots of guides, do a search, it is not easy). WiFi is a non-starter, perhaps you can replace it with Atheros or another wifi that is compatible with OS X. And you will probably have no luck getting USB3 to work (it is just not reliable), but hopefully you'll be able to use them as USB2 ports, just like the Probook. Screen res is 1366x768 ??

Heres my DSDT

View attachment 44960

And yea screenres is 1366x768

So how should I install Multibeast?

Well, your DSDT is nothing like the Probook, so for the DSDT you're going to have to find patches for a similar laptop or learn a bit about DSDT patching. Just as an example, the battery methods use 16-bit access to EC registers, so you're going to have to convert those to 8-bit registers. If you're confortable with ACPI code, you can look at the probook patches for clues. But that's only if you want your battery indicator to work. Perhaps you'll find someone with a similar laptop where you can get the patches or only have to slightly modify them.

There will probably be a lot more DSDT edits as well. Some you might use the Probook ones, but it will require a lot of research on your part to find the right ones.

But probably your first step is to see if you can use Multibeast to create a system that will boot from the harddisk.

I would start with:
- UserDSDT
- Chimera
- patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext 10.8.x
- SSDT for your CPU from the Probook Installer
- System Definition: MacBookPro8,2

And read the documentation for Multibeast so you know what it does.

Well, your DSDT is nothing like the Probook, so for the DSDT you're going to have to find patches for a similar laptop or learn a bit about DSDT patching. Just as an example, the battery methods use 16-bit access to EC registers, so you're going to have to convert those to 8-bit registers. If you're confortable with ACPI code, you can look at the probook patches for clues. But that's only if you want your battery indicator to work. Perhaps you'll find someone with a similar laptop where you can get the patches or only have to slightly modify them.

There will probably be a lot more DSDT edits as well. Some you might use the Probook ones, but it will require a lot of research on your part to find the right ones.

But probably your first step is to see if you can use Multibeast to create a system that will boot from the harddisk.

I would start with:
- UserDSDT
- Chimera
- patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext 10.8.x
- SSDT for your CPU from the Probook Installer
- System Definition: MacBookPro8,2

And read the documentation for Multibeast so you know what it does.

Is DSDT patching hard? I must admit I dont any experience with ACPI code, seems like ive thrown myself into the deep end here haha

I think I can forget about finding someone who has a similar laptop due to my laptop being an australian exclusive from the looks of things...

Well Ill get on that then, should I worry about all this stuff first before trying to upgrade to 10.8.2?

Is DSDT patching hard? I must admit I dont any experience with ACPI code, seems like ive thrown myself into the deep end here haha

If you have some programming experience, it is not too difficult. Still requires a lot of time, because most everything is undocumented (as far as what OS X wants to see).

I think I can forget about finding someone who has a similar laptop due to my laptop being an australian exclusive from the looks of things...

There is probably not that much difference between your laptop and its US counterpart... It would be very expensive for HP to engineer things significantly different for such a small market without a good technical reason to do so.

Well Ill get on that then, should I worry about all this stuff first before trying to upgrade to 10.8.2?

I would update the system to 10.8.2 as soon as you can, because there is certain things you might have to redo.

Laptops aren't easy... especially if the laptop isn't a popular hack. If you want an easy laptop, sell your dv6 and buy a Probook 4x30s or 4x40s.

If you have some programming experience, it is not too difficult. Still requires a lot of time, because most everything is undocumented (as far as what OS X wants to see).

There is probably not that much difference between your laptop and its US counterpart... It would be very expensive for HP to engineer things significantly different for such a small market without a good technical reason to do so.

I would update the system to 10.8.2 as soon as you can, because there is certain things you might have to redo.

Laptops aren't easy... especially if the laptop isn't a popular hack. If you want an easy laptop, sell your dv6 and buy a Probook 4x30s or 4x40s.

Well it turns out I have little to no programming experience unfortunately, getting to the point where I may just abandon the project lol

Im not going to get much for my DV6 I know that so upgrading to a Probook wont really be worth it that much. Well anyway for the time being I installed Multibeast and was able to boot without a USB, but the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from Multibeast now times out on boot when I boot with "-f -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 cpus=1"

Heres my screen in -v

panic3.jpg

Well it turns out I have little to no programming experience unfortunately, getting to the point where I may just abandon the project lol

Im not going to get much for my DV6 I know that so upgrading to a Probook wont really be worth it that much. Well anyway for the time being I installed Multibeast and was able to boot without a USB, but the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from Multibeast now times out on boot when I boot with "-f -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 cpus=1"

Heres my screen in -v

View attachment 44963

Google is your friend: Do a google search on 'lapic dv6' looks like there are some solutions...

Try adding DropSSDT=Yes in /Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist (I kind of forgot about that item in my power management cookbook list...)

Google is your friend: Do a google search on 'lapic dv6' looks like there are some solutions...

Try adding DropSSDT=Yes in /Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist (I kind of forgot about that item in my power management cookbook list...)

BTW Thanks for all your help with this RehabMan.

So I did that and found a kernal to fix the lapic. I can boot now with no problems except when it loads Finder I have no Keyboard/Mouse use anymore even with an external USB one.

Soooo what now? lol

BTW Thanks for all your help with this RehabMan.

So I did that and found a kernal to fix the lapic. I can boot now with no problems except when it loads Finder I have no Keyboard/Mouse use anymore even with an external USB one.

Soooo what now? lol

You should check for sure, but it is likely your HP has a Synaptics Trackpad. Both the keyboard and mouse should work with my trackpad/keyboard driver: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller. Be sure to visit the thread for the latest developments (I'm pretty active with preparing the next version right now).

You should check for sure, but it is likely your HP has a Synaptics Trackpad. Both the keyboard and mouse should work with my trackpad/keyboard driver: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller. Be sure to visit the thread for the latest developments (I'm pretty active with preparing the next version right now).

Yes you would be correct. Awesome ill install the version you have up now but ill keep an eye out for latest drivers.

Question though, can I install it with no keyboard/trackpad? Not too sure why I cant use a USB mouse/keyboard...

Would I have to intall it via another os or boot into the installation usb to get access to the terminal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back