Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey All

Got a HP dv6-6134tx, was told due to its similarity with the Probooks that I should just follow a tutorial for one of those.

So, after following RehabMan's guide here (including running the Probook installer and installing the 10.8.0 support kext, the 4230-4530 HD3000 Standard NewFan DSDT and i5-2410 SSDT) I get this Kernal Panic on -v launch.

panic1.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Hey All

Got a HP dv6-6134tx, was told due to its similarity with the Probooks that I should just follow a tutorial for one of those.

So, after following RehabMan's guide here (including running the Probook installer and installing the 10.8.0 support kext, the 4230-4530 HD3000 Standard NewFan DSDT and i5-2410 SSDT) I get this Kernal Panic on -v launch.

View attachment 44762

I don't think you can blindly use a DSDT from another computer model for yours.
You should remove /Extra/dsdt.aml (you can also boot w/ DSDT=No)

What did you do? DSDT=No or remove /Extra/dsdt.aml? Can you still boot using the Unibeast USB flash?

Actually I just did a new install using Unibeast, none of the extra DSDT's etc. And yes I was able to boot, did a bit of research and asked a friend and was able to install with GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 cpus=1

So ive got it installed, but I dont have
ethernet/wifi working or sound/video or battery and brightness. And everytime I turn on I have to input that same command into Unibeast with the USB plugged in.

Where do I go now?

Actually I just did a new install using Unibeast, none of the extra DSDT's etc. And yes I was able to boot, did a bit of research and asked a friend and was able to install with GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 cpus=1

So ive got it installed, but I dont have
ethernet/wifi working or sound/video or battery and brightness. And everytime I turn on I have to input that same command into Unibeast with the USB plugged in.

Where do I go now?

Now you go one step at a time to fix things. I would probably attempt to get native power management (CPU pstates) working. First step would be to see if you have DSDT setup for it (Processor objects in DSDT).

You can post your DSDT here, and I'll take a look at it. Might be similar to the Probook... might not...

For correct Sandy Bridge power management you need:
- Processor objects in Scope (_PR) in DSDT (edit raw DSDT if necessary)
- Correct smbios System Defintion (in your case MacBookPro8,2) use Multibeast
- patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (use Multibeast)
- SSDT for your CPU (use Probook installer)

Also, you will want to try booting from the HDD (without the Unibeast stick). So, install Chimera with Multibeast.

Point is, go one step at a time. Don't try to fix everything in one shot. Do your research and make an educated guess about what is the right solution to fix a given problem. And if it doesn't work, back it out, and read some more, then try something different. Laptops involve a lot of trial and error. Be prepared to spend a lot of time figuring things out unless you find a guide that matches your computer...

You can post your DSDT here, and I'll take a look at it. Might be similar to the Probook... might not...

Oh awesome, what do I need to do to do that?

Sorry this is my first time doing this haha

Oh awesome, what do I need to do to do that?

Sorry this is my first time doing this haha

Assuming you can boot your computer, use MaciASL to extract your raw DSDT and save it as a DSL file (File -> New from ACPI -> DSDT, File Save As, File Format, Disassembled ASL File... etc). Then zip it, and post it.

If you can't boot into OS X and use MaciASL, then use Linux or Windows. You will find instructions here (follow just the part to extract the AML file using Linux or Windows): https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/wiki/How-to-patch-your-DSDT. After you get the AML, zip it then post it.

Hey All

View attachment 44762

BTW, what are the specs on your laptop? I can't find it on hp.com...

Ok ill do that then, yea I can boot so Ill use MagicASL and post the DSDT

Turns out its an Australian exclusive model lol, so you have to go to the Australian support page to view it.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...link=ot_we/prodlink/en_au/5131417/loc:0&cc=au

That any help?

*edit* here are the specs, just used AIDA64

CPU: Mobile DualCore Intel Core i5-2410M, 2700 MHz (27 x 100)
Motherboard Chipset: Intel Cougar Point HM65, Intel Sandy Bridge
RAM: 4043 MB (DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM)
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000/AMD 6770M
Audio: IDT 92HD81B1X @ Intel Cougar Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [B-3]
HDD: TOSHIBA MK5076GSX (500 GB, 5400 RPM, SATA-II)
Network: Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030
USB2: Intel Cougar Point PCH - USB EHCI #2 Controller [B-3]
USB3: NEC uPD720200AF1 USB 3.0 Host Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back