Contribute
Register

HP dv6-3170se SL 10.6.8 Installation Procedure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac pro
CPU
Intel Core i5 2.49 GHz X 4
Graphics
GPU Built-in 64 MB Shared System Memory
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have tried to instal !0.6.3 on my external disc 500GB and successfully installed and was working fine.
-Tried to update to 10.6.6 using tonymac easybeast -and worked fine. (used busratio=12 during installation and reboot too)
-Tried to update to 10.6.8:
- First installed update helper and restarted
- Then installed 10.6.8 successfully
- Without restarting installed easybeast, before finish, got kernal panic
- Again tried fresh instal 10.6.3 and from there directly tried 10.6.8 with easy beast, same KP happened.
When I tried again to boot thro cd, i am unable to find the ext/mac hard disc?!!
Please recommend me the step by step procedure to get sucessful instal
Searched internet, but no solution.
Help me please!syst config.jpg

Attachments

• syst config.jpg
    syst config.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 225
Re: HP dv6 SL 10.6.8 Installation Procedure

I know that when I updated my dv5 from .3 to .8 I ended up having to have a full running clone of my drive, once I was finished updating I ended up having to boot into the clone drive and reinstalling bootloader on the main drive in order to get it to boot. Hope you get it I know these HP's can be on the troublesome side of the install.

Re: HP dv6 SL 10.6.8 Installation Procedure

Thanks for the reply and let me try.
10.6.8 is working good now in your system?
because yesterday I read in one thread this model is capable of updating upto 10.6.7?

Re: HP dv6 SL 10.6.8 Installation Procedure?

so far it is working well. I am having a few issues with getting the graphics to be fully enabled, and getting a wireless solution to work but for now it functions and I am able to use it at a base level.

Good News!
Will it be possible to detail the method/references, you used and i will make one more try.

download the update from the apple software updates, then before reboot I ran Multibeast on it to include the needed items, and rebooted. I have a copy of a certain portable live osx that allows me to run OS X from a usb just incase I need a os to boot into to fix issues. but repairing the permissions, and selecting the needed additions in multibeast allows 10.6.8 to boot and run with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back