Contribute
Register

HP DC7900 CMT working with ML but not with mavericks......grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dc7900
CPU
core 2 Duo
Graphics
on board
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello i was able to get my hp dc7900 CMT to run mountain lion with no problems the day before the release of mavericks. the method i used was>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YEo-qAatxCXsLMZlsCQUkMLF2-AhoCJlGoEmzUODOFE/edit?pli=1

when i had tried the ml install with a the multibeast version higher than 4.6.1 the installation left me with no USB support. but when i tried the method from the above link all was right.

so i first followed all directions from the tonymacx86 mavericks guide and i was left with no usb support during reboot just like ML so it got me thinking to try the above method with the 4.6.1 ver. multibeast but that idea left me with a black screen boot loop after the chameleon boot loader. i had tried many bootflags with no luck.

would any one be kind enough to shed some light on my Grief lol .... thanks all help is always appreciated.

I'm using a DC7900 CMT too. This is what fixed it for me. Changed HPET Portion of my DSDT File with a DSDT Editor to this:

Device (HPET)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0103"))
Name (_UID, One)
Name (CRES, ResourceTemplate ()
{
IRQNoFlags ()
{7}
IRQNoFlags ()
{10}
IRQNoFlags ()
{11}
IRQNoFlags ()
{14}
Memory32Fixed (ReadWrite,
0x00000000, // Address Base
0x00000000, // Address Length
_Y09)
})

This Prevents and IRQ Conflict between HPET and the USB-Interface. If you want to know more have a look at this:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/237750-fix-for-firewire-and-hpet-irq-conflict-using-dsdt/

I figured it out i just needed to add USBBusFix=Yes onto my Plist
thanks for the info i will check into that have you gotten the on board graphics working 100% ?

Good to hear that you got it working. Tried USBBusFix=Yes too. But it didn't work for me. I don't know about the Onboard Graphics. I use a different Graphics Card.

Hello! I'd like to receive some help with this as well if anyone knows how! I was looking into DTSD editors but I've never done that so I don't know where to start!

I'm running into the same problems though Mavericks works until I use Multibeast then it boots up with no USB support. Sad day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back