Contribute
Register

HP Compaq Presario SR5310f Hackintosh possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus
CPU
Pentium
Graphics
Intel Integrated
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

I have an HP Compaq Presario SR5310f Desktop PC. I have been trying to use the iboot+Multibeast installation guide to install it. However, I have a problem with iBoot. I boot into the CD just fine, but when I eject the disc, swap in a Mac OS X Snow Leopard disc, it doesn't recognize the disc. I've tried using normal iBoot and Legacy iBoot.

Is iBoot compatible with my Pc, or am I doing something wrong?

NOTE: I've gotten past iBoot on other computers before when I used a USB installer to install Mac OS X.

PC specs: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c01297188

Thank you in advance!

Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

From where did you obtain your Snow Leopard disc ?

What colour is it ?

Is iBoot compatible with my Pc, or am I doing something wrong?
NOTE: I've gotten past iBoot on other computers before when I used a USB installer to install Mac OS X.
If that HP PC has a pentium or Celeron CPU and just 1 GB of ram per the basic specs, you won't
be able to install Snow Leopard and get to the MAS. Need at least a Core 2 Duo and 2 GB.

I have 2 GB of RAM, I guess someone upgraded it at some point (I got it recently)

But I'm pretty sure it has a Pentium, although I could be wrong. I have Windows XP installed on the active partition. I was going to format it during my install as the computer is really just a spare and I can afford to lose it. However, I could boot it up and check Device Manager. I will respond back when I do this.

I have 2 GB of RAM, I guess someone upgraded it at some point (I got it recently)

But I'm pretty sure it has a Pentium, although I could be wrong. I have Windows XP installed on the active partition. I was going to format it during my install as the computer is really just a spare and I can afford to lose it. However, I could boot it up and check Device Manager. I will respond back when I do this.

Another important issue. Look at the BIOS and see if you can set the Sata storage mode to AHCI.
Many older HPs that came with XP don't have that option.

If you want an older HP that works OOB then get a refurbished DC7900 or Elite 8000.
These have the newer Q45 chipset and use the Mac Pro 3,1 system def. They are eligible
to download El Capitan from the Mac App Store.

I looked for that already, it doesn't give an option for that. The only options are SATA1 controller and IDE controller. When I go to the SATA1 controller, I can only enable or disable it. Same with IDE.

However, the PC came with Windows Vista, I just put XP on it because Vista is God Awful and Windows 7 can't run well at 2 GB of RAM (which is the max the mobo supports) (in my experience anyway)

Also, if I get one of those PC's, what is a Mac Pro 3,1 def? I apologize, I'm relatively new to hackintoshing as I've never made a successful one and I don't know all the terms :oops:

I looked for that already, it doesn't give an option for that. The only options are SATA1 controller and IDE controller. When I go to the SATA1 controller, I can only enable or disable it. Same with IDE.

However, the PC came with Windows Vista, I just put XP on it because Vista is God Awful and Windows 7 can't run well at 2 GB of RAM (which is the max the mobo supports) (in my experience anyway)

Also, if I get one of those PC's, what is a Mac Pro 3,1 def? I apologize, I'm relatively new to hackintoshing as I've never made a successful one and I don't know all the terms

When you run Multibeast post install it is selected automatically for you. It's like giving your old
Windows PC a new Mac name now that OS X is installed on it. Helps you to gain access to the MAS
amongst other things.

See the EZ 8000
user build for more on this.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...o-e8400-affordable-customac-media-center.html
With one of these you can go up to 16 GB of Ram. 2GB of Ram won't run OS X well either. :(

Thank you for your time, I can definitely work with this. I could probably sell the SR5310f I have now along with an old netbook I have sitting around that's still in good condition to raise some money. I saw the Elite 8000 on Amazon for like $70.00 to $80.00, I'm assuming this is a good bargain so I'll get this ASAP.

Just to double check, I have a spare set of DDR3 4 GB RAM, does the Elite 8000 use DDR3?

Just to double check, I have a spare set of DDR3 4 GB RAM, does the Elite 8000 use DDR3?
Yes but you need to use the ram listed in the EZ 8000 components section only. It doesn't accept other 1333 MHz modules from other manufacturers. Not sure why but that's how HP made the BIOS.
You'll get an extra 4GB for 20 bucks, well worth it if the 8000 you buy only comes with 2 x 2GB.
OS X works well with 8GB of ram when you use a discrete graphics card instead of integrated.

Thank you for the information

One last thing, I have a spare PNY GT 610 Graphics card laying around, does it matter that it isn't EVGA? Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back