Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H110M-M.2
CPU
Intel i3 6100
Graphics
Sapphire RX570 Pulse
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello I found a HP Compaq Elite 8300 SSF for pretty cheap and I was wondering if i could use it as a hackintosh if i put in a new graphics card into it. If i would be able to use it as a hackintosh are there any graphic card recommendations that you guys would have to put in it thanks.

The Specs are

i5-3470
12gb ram
2x250gb hard drives

Hello I found a HP Compaq Elite 8300 SSF for pretty cheap and I was wondering if i could use it as a hackintosh if i put in a new graphics card into it. If i would be able to use it as a hackintosh are there any graphic card recommendations that you guys would have to put in it thanks.
Here's a current guide that gives 2 graphics card options for the 8300. The SFF version can also use the Low Profile GTX 1050 Ti

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-tower-macos-sierra-i5-3470-msi-gt640.224812/

Hello,

I've HP Compaq Elite 8300 SSF.

can I use mac os sierra without any graphics card?

Hello,

I've HP Compaq Elite 8300 SSF.

can I use mac os sierra without any graphics card?
Yes, if your CPU has HD4000 graphics. Then you'd need to use the DP output not the VGA. If your monitor doesn't have DP then use a DP to HDMI adapter.

Yes, if your CPU has HD4000 graphics. Then you'd need to use the DP output not the VGA. If your monitor doesn't have DP then use a DP to HDMI adapter.
How do I know which graphics I have?

I already imstalled El Capitan and it’s working but with only 7mb display graphics. I’m using vga.

How do I know which graphics I have?

I already imstalled El Capitan and it’s working but with only 7mb display graphics. I’m using vga.

Unless you've swapped out the CPU for an I3-3225, I5-3475 or I7-3770 it likely has HD2500. Check to make sure anyway. Look up your CPU specs on the Intel website. Determine if it has HD4000 integrated graphics. If not, get a graphics card and use DP or HDMI. If it has HD4000 use a DP to HDMI adapter from your built in DisplayPort output.

DO NOT USE VGA with the HP 6300 or 8300 It will never work fully with El Capitan or macOS Sierra. If you read the guides and other posts here you will find that they all advise against trying to use an analog graphics (VGA) connection.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cos-sierra-i5-3470-gt640.224812/#post-1526635

If you want to use a VGA connection while using Windows, fine, it will work with no problems. macOS is another story.

Last edited:
I bought GTX 1050 ti and using HDMI now.

how to configure GTX 1050 ti?

I bought GTX 1050 ti and using HDMI now.

how to configure GTX 1050 ti?

Install the web drivers, it won't work without them. Open Clover configurator and checkmark the box for Nvidiaweb. Then in the menu bar click on file -- save. Reboot and you should get full resolution and acceleration.

upload_2017-11-1_6-33-33.png

Last edited:
I installed latest version of Nvidia driver and tick Nvidiaweb in config clover. still same issue. only 5mb display graphics.

I'm currently on 10.12 (16A323)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back