Contribute
Register

HP Broadwell Envy K

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan Sorry, and yes that fixed the problem.

But I tried booting up into the setup and twice it had a kernal panic. The 3rd time I went to record it to show you, but on that 3rd time it started up fine. Do you know what the problem is for why it's quite unpredictable?
Is it because of that patch?

No idea without details on the KP.

@RehabMan So far:
  • WiFi not working (Need to double check the kext for that)
  • Ethernet is working
  • Sound is not working (I can probably work out how to fix this)
  • Graphics are really choppy and not smooth, what do I need to do to fix that?

And in the middle of writing this list, the laptop just instantly crashed and rebooted, any idea what happened there? there was no KP info on the screen

@RehabMan So far:
  • WiFi not working (Need to double check the kext for that)
  • Ethernet is working
  • Sound is not working (I can probably work out how to fix this)
  • Graphics are really choppy and not smooth, what do I need to do to fix that?

And in the middle of writing this list, the laptop just instantly crashed and rebooted, any idea what happened there? there was no KP info on the screen

Which WiFi hardware do you have installed in the laptop?
For audio, you need to collect an audio codec dump from Linux (we'll see if it matches any of the existing Envy codecs).

As for graphics, do you have Intel/Inject=true and a correct ig-platform-id?

For troubleshooting...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Which WiFi hardware do you have installed in the laptop?
For audio, you need to collect an audio codec dump from Linux (we'll see if it matches any of the existing Envy codecs).

As for graphics, do you have Intel/Inject=true and a correct ig-platform-id?

For troubleshooting...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.
@RehabMan Thanks, I forgot to turn that back on after the install so the graphics are now fixed.
My wifi card is a Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160

I will get the audio sorted after I have got the WiFi sorted (if it is compatible)

So is my WiFi card compatible?

@RehabMan Thanks, I forgot to turn that back on after the install so the graphics are now fixed.
My wifi card is a Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160

I will get the audio sorted after I have got the WiFi sorted (if it is compatible)

So is my WiFi card compatible?

Intel WiFi is not supported... replace with compatible WiFi (info in the FAQ).

@RehabMan Here is my dump for my audio codec, where would I be able to see if there is a kext already available for my codec?

Wrong codec dump -- it is for HDMI audio, not onboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back