Contribute
Register

HP Broadwell Envy K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 59
Why are you installing 10.11.0? From where did you download OS X?
@RehabMan I'm installing it because its the latest (excluding the .5 update) And I downloaded it from my iMac

Edit:
Also apparently 10.11.0 is the only one that works on broadwell (again excluding the .5 update)

@RehabMan I'm installing it because its the latest (excluding the .5 update) And I downloaded it from my iMac

Edit:
Also apparently 10.11.0 is the only one that works on broadwell (again excluding the .5 update)

Your KP shows 15.0.0. The 10.11.5 kernel is 15.5.0.

Your KP shows 15.0.0. The 10.11.5 kernel is 15.5.0.
@RehabMan The install of OS X El Capitan I had is quite old. So are you saying if I was to redownload it now and try this again it should theoretically work? (Fingers crossed)

@RehabMan The install of OS X El Capitan I had is quite old. So are you saying if I was to redownload it now and try this again it should theoretically work? (Fingers crossed)

You might as well install the latest (and re-creating the USB would not hurt).

You might as well install the latest (and re-creating the USB would not hurt).
@RehabMan Good news! That was the problem. I have now got up to the setup screen, but my new problem is my trackpad (and I am assuming keyboard aswell since when I hit enter nothing happens) isn't working so I can't continue with the setup. Is there a kext I need to enable the use of the mouse and keyboard?

Thanks so much!

@RehabMan Good news! That was the problem. I have now got up to the setup screen, but my new problem is my trackpad (and I am assuming keyboard aswell since when I hit enter nothing happens) isn't working so I can't continue with the setup. Is there a kext I need to enable the use of the mouse and keyboard?

Thanks so much!

The files in post #21, show VoodooPS2Controller.kext missing from EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.

Please read the guide carefully.

The files in post #21, show VoodooPS2Controller.kext missing from EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.

Please read the guide carefully.
@RehabMan Sorry, and yes that fixed the problem.

But I tried booting up into the setup and twice it had a kernal panic. The 3rd time I went to record it to show you, but on that 3rd time it started up fine. Do you know what the problem is for why it's quite unpredictable?
Is it because of that patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back