Contribute
Register

HP branded Intel HD3000 Mobile? (HP DV6-7 6xxx Sandy Bridge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works great. One tiny problem.

It won't wake up from sleep.

and my audio died.

I still have the great res of 1600x900x32 though! LOL

I forgot! LOL

I finally started over and did that. I found out that removing that in safe mode is better than in the actual os mode! LOL

I also found out from on osx86.net . In bugsyb's post on the dv7-6b55dx ,that I needed this.. to make the video work . I added this to my terminal.

### command to change ownership and recreate cache
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/*
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*
kextcache -v 3 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext -z /System/Library/Extensions
###

Just like I read from you that I need to recreate kernel cache after I put a new kernel in. I had forgot to do that ! It was 4am and I was beat. :p

I also figured out that removing the "apple hda.kext" is better done in "safe mode" as well! Now after adding voodoo hda 3.73 I have sound!

It's weird but, My simbios says.. " 13" mac book pro 2011" after the terminal commands. I'm too scared to change it to 17" mac book pro! LOL

Do I run disk repair permissions after I add your lapic mountain lion kernel?

Thanks again.

darkhawk6833

I forgot! LOL

I finally started over and did that. I found out that removing that in safe mode is better than in the actual os mode! LOL

I also found out from on osx86.net . In bugsyb's post on the dv7-6b55dx ,that I needed this.. to make the video work . I added this to my terminal.

### command to change ownership and recreate cache
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/*
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*
kextcache -v 3 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext -z /System/Library/Extensions
###

Just like I read from you that I need to recreate kernel cache after I put a new kernel in. I had forgot to do that ! It was 4am and I was beat. :p

I also figured out that removing the "apple hda.kext" is better done in "safe mode" as well! Now after adding voodoo hda 3.73 I have sound!

It's weird but, My simbios says.. " 13" mac book pro 2011" after the terminal commands. I'm too scared to change it to 17" mac book pro! LOL

Do I run disk repair permissions after I add your lapic mountain lion kernel?

Thanks again.

darkhawk6833

Glad to hear everything worked out!!! Yes it is a good idea to rebuild cache after you install something or else it might use your previous files and get KP :p And yeah Macbook Pro 8,1 smbios is a 13" mac but I connect to HDMI all the time and 8,1 smbios seems like the only one that works OOB. Why don't you use a patched HDA kext with some DSDT editing instead of using VoodooHDA? Voodoo is more glitchy :( If your laptop uses IDT 92HD81B1X5 audio, here is the patched AppleHDA.kext, HDAIDT.kext, and I patched your HDEF in your DSDT file. Install the 2 kext in /S/L/E with kext utility and put the new DSDT file in your extra folder. Its much better than voodoo. :D. This is what I use on my laptop with ML 10.8 installed. Hope it works !!!

Attachments

• IDT 92HD81B1X5.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 98
Sorry but now your USB 3.0 works fine?

Hi Max,

I tried your kexts for audio and the new dsdt.

The audio isn't working.

I guess it's the voodoo then.. :(

I still have full 1600x900x32 res though. :) and all cpu cores.

and I can boot without doing -f -v or -x finally! LOL

I think I can get your audio to work this weekend. I'll have to play with a bit. voodoo 3.73 is buggy . and it's just barely working. lol

I want wireless but my atheros isn't hp bios certified. Meaning I have to find the same card with the hp firmware in it. I found one on ebay for 11 dollars.

MY bios isn't whitelisted any more. After I updated it to f19 .. booooo!

My battery kext is working just fine.

My bluetooth from the broadcom 4327 aka 4313 is working.

My dvd burner is working.

after searching for a correct intelcpupowermanagement.kext . I found one on kexts.com And now my dv7 sleeps in battery mode and when the power is plugged in.

I"m using "please sleep" to get it to sleep correctly as well.

As for the sound. I had to go to safemode . Remove applehda. and then rebuild cache. turn off usekernelcache And then shutdown.

After booting up with -f -v

I had full res and sound.

I'm using my realtek giga bit nic aka the rtl8x

thanks for helping me Maxhelo.

hi mickey I have a very similar system to you, eveything in your profile is the same as mine and I was wandering how you installed mountain lion on to it.

@punjabi_lubana please give the required kext and other files for the installion of mountaion lion currently using 10.7.2 and please tell me the steps to install it

Glad to hear everything worked out!!! Yes it is a good idea to rebuild cache after you install something or else it might use your previous files and get KP :p And yeah Macbook Pro 8,1 smbios is a 13" mac but I connect to HDMI all the time and 8,1 smbios seems like the only one that works OOB. Why don't you use a patched HDA kext with some DSDT editing instead of using VoodooHDA? Voodoo is more glitchy :( If your laptop uses IDT 92HD81B1X5 audio, here is the patched AppleHDA.kext, HDAIDT.kext, and I patched your HDEF in your DSDT file. Install the 2 kext in /S/L/E with kext utility and put the new DSDT file in your extra folder. Its much better than voodoo. :D. This is what I use on my laptop with ML 10.8 installed. Hope it works !!!

Hi Max,

Guess what?

I tried your audio on my other hd. Meaning I actually read the "readme" file. And like that direct tv commercial . "boom it's on! " LOL

I have full res and sweet audio ! And I can install stuff on this one.

For some strange reason . I can't install my logitech mx510 drivers on that hd version.

On this one .. fresh install. It's all nice and sweet!

I have my brother laser printer off the network installed.

And I can stream hd shows off my windows box via mplayerx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back