Contribute
Register

HP branded Intel HD3000 Mobile? (HP DV6-7 6xxx Sandy Bridge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this. I patched your DSDT so you will get 1600x900 and not a blank screen.
I've been reading this post hoping Micky will get the USB 3.0 working properly :D
You can get the USB 3.0 working by putting your computer to sleep and waking up your computer with just your battery installed, then the computer won't freeze when you plug in a USB device in the USB 3.0 ports

Ya.. I too am hoping to get usb 3.0 working. The worst thing is computer still freezes even after waking with just battery installed.
Just to make sure, is laptop to be plugged in when putting it to sleep?

Wow ! Thanks Maxhello!

I'm booting up my hp laptop to install it. :)

Nice... You still need more proper DSDT editing to get other things to work on your laptop. (ie. sound w/ patched AppleHDA, etc...) But its a start!!! :D

Ya.. I too am hoping to get usb 3.0 working. The worst thing is computer still freezes even after waking with just battery installed.
Just to make sure, is laptop to be plugged in when putting it to sleep?

Ok. I just tested this... Just boot your laptop on battery without power connected, then put to sleep and wake (power cable still disconnected) then you can put in a USB device in the port. The computer should not freeze. now you can put in the power cable back or/and remove the battery after you put in the power cable or put it back to sleep etc....and should not affect the USB 3.0 until you shut down the laptop and reboot next time...
(I'm not sure if there is any DSDT editing that is required that I might have done on my computer previously ( I recall doing something on the DSDT for USB but I'm not sure it is related))

@punjabi_lubana - any luck with DSDT fix you are doing with Micky on the USB 3.0? I hope Micky can DO IT!!! :D Shame his laptop broke :(

Nice... You still need more proper DSDT editing to get other things to work on your laptop. (ie. sound w/ patched AppleHDA, etc...) But its a start!!! :D

Ok. I just tested this... Just boot your laptop on battery without power connected, then put to sleep and wake (power cable still disconnected) then you can put in a USB device in the port. The computer should not freeze. now you can put in the power cable back or/and remove the battery after you put in the power cable or put it back to sleep etc....and should not affect the USB 3.0 until you shut down the laptop and reboot next time...
(I'm not sure if there is any DSDT editing that is required that I might have done on my computer previously ( I recall doing something on the DSDT for USB but I'm not sure it is related))

@punjabi_lubana - any luck with DSDT fix you are doing with Micky on the USB 3.0? I hope Micky can DO IT!!! :D Shame his laptop broke :(

Ya Thanks.. I succeeded this time. USB 3.0 working for the moment now but its working as only USB 2.0 ports. USB 3 devices doesn't work. Tried my usb 3 HDD didn't work.

Too bad Micky had his lappy broken but i hope he fix it somehow maybe by replacing the mobo from ebay. Still no luck with USB 3.0.

Ya Thanks.. I succeeded this time. USB 3.0 working for the moment now but its working as only USB 2.0 ports. USB 3 devices doesn't work. Tried my usb 3 HDD didn't work.

Too bad Micky had his lappy broken but i hope he fix it somehow maybe by replacing the mobo from ebay. Still no luck with USB 3.0.

I read somewhere you won't get usb 3 speeds with external HDD formatted NTFS, it has to be Journaled to get usb 3 speeds with Macs. (But who knows what it can be with these Hacks...) Under USB in System Report I can see that the PXHCD is loaded in USB Super-Speed Bus.

Well I wish Micky the best and hope he gets a good deal on a mobo. I will check up on you guys once Micky gets back to business... :D

Hi Maxhello,

I tried the dsdt you made. I did get full beautiful res for a short time. :(
My usb on the right side 2.0 failed to work after the dsdt.
Then It would fail to wake up properly. I experienced a total lockup of a black screen.

I the only way to get the dsdt to activate was with multibeast's dsdt option.

I then had to change the simbios to a mac book pro 8,3 . Then it was fine until all the other things happened.

Hi Maxhello,

Then It would fail to wake up properly. I experienced a total lockup of a black screen.

I then had to change the simbios to a mac book pro 8,3 . Then it was fine until all the other things happened.

I'm not sure what you mean by "for a short time.". And there is nothing I touched in your DSDT that would have broken your USB. As I said before, you will need to do some DSDT Patching to get the USB and other things working properly. Also, you dont need multibeast dsdt option to get your DSDT to "activate". All you need to do is put the DSDT.aml in your /Extra folder and put in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<key>DSDT</key>
<string>DSDT.aml</string>

You will need a patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and then remove NullCPUPowerMangement.kext to get your computer to sleep and wake up properly (and also get a SSDT.aml file for your cpu and put it in /Extra folder to get your speedstep working. I would just recommend using the MBP 8,1 smbios, you will get HDMI output functioning with the 8,1

Hi Maxhello,

OK here is your DSDT with EHCI, FN KEYS, HPET, IRQS, LPC, PNLF SB, RTC, SHUTDOWN, SMBUS, UHCI, (DUAL LINK & DTGP previously patched) PATCHED. I also uploaded the patched AICPUPM.kext for ML 10.8. You will need to find the SSDT.aml file for your particular i5 CPU. Good Luck !!!

Attachments

• PATCHED DSDT.aml.zip
    22.3 KB · Views: 88
  • PATCHED AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip
    74.9 KB · Views: 121
HI Maxhello,

What I meant for a short time was.. I totally goofed something else up.
I was working off no sleep sorry. LOL

Thanks for the help.

I'll try these new ones.

I'm using Mountain Lion . Will that pose a problem?

It was the easiest $19.99 I spent! :p

HI Maxhello,

What I meant for a short time was.. I totally goofed something else up.
I was working off no sleep sorry. LOL

Thanks for the help.

I'll try these new ones.

I'm using Mountain Lion . Will that pose a problem?

It was the easiest $19.99 I spent! :p

Sleep is good :p It should work fine with Mountain Lion 10.8. Let me know how it goes...

HI Maxhello,

Those new dsdt and the intel power kext seem to have worked.

I'm running at full res! woohoo!

usb right side working.. web cam working on facetime.

I'm too afraid to try the usb 3.0 on the left and the hdmi. LOL

Oh , I'm running the full res on this backup hd.. I had installed mountain lion on it. I got an audio kext from the hp probook 4350 forum. And it still works!

My realtek gigabit lan works too. My broadcom 4327 with bluetooth .. well.. the bluetooth works! LOL

My screen is so beautiful! wow!

I'll try to get my other hd to work like this one..

I did have to play with 10 different simbios mac probooks to make it work!

I'm on the mac probook 2011 13" . This seems to work .. I don't want to change it to the 17" 2011. :p

You rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back