Contribute
Register

HP branded Intel HD3000 Mobile? (HP DV6-7 6xxx Sandy Bridge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HP branded Intel HD3000 Mobile?

Micky1979 said:
punjabi_lubana said:
Hi Micky!

I have some news. I successfully modded my bios and got a wireless card: Dell Wireless 1397 (14e4:4315) and found on the internet that its working in the mac.

I put in the card it didn't work not even in windows. I had to tape pin 20 to get it to work in windows. But it still doesn't work. Not even bluetooth works. Found a kext that says it works for dell wireless 1397 and 1510. Downloaded it and put it in the S/L/E and repaired permissions with kext utility and restarted. Not working. Put the laptop to sleep and wake up. Still not working..

Any ideas on how to get it working??

Thanks!
Yes!
Try two kext attached.
Replace in SLE (make a backup of your first), and launches Kext Utility!

Reboot and good luck

....Camiloml bios?

Thanks for the kext. 100% working wifi now.

Yep, camiloml bios.

Now the bluetooth is not working. Its not even detected in windows nor in mac. Searched the internet. Some says its wlan only and no bluetooth. Usually, every laptop has a bluetooth and mostly coupled with wlan. I dont know why its not working. Does this have anything to do with tapping pin 20??
God! I hope bluetooth works!!!!!!!
Any help would be appreciated...

punjabi_lubana said:
Micky1979 said:
[quote="punjabi_lubana":24qk4t8k]Hi Micky!

I have some news. I successfully modded my bios and got a wireless card: Dell Wireless 1397 (14e4:4315) and found on the internet that its working in the mac.

I put in the card it didn't work not even in windows. I had to tape pin 20 to get it to work in windows. But it still doesn't work. Not even bluetooth works. Found a kext that says it works for dell wireless 1397 and 1510. Downloaded it and put it in the S/L/E and repaired permissions with kext utility and restarted. Not working. Put the laptop to sleep and wake up. Still not working..

Any ideas on how to get it working??

Thanks!
Yes!
Try two kext attached.
Replace in SLE (make a backup of your first), and launches Kext Utility!

Reboot and good luck

....Camiloml bios?

Thanks for the kext. 100% working wifi now.

Yep, camiloml bios.

Now the bluetooth is not working. Its not even detected in windows nor in mac. Searched the internet. Some says its wlan only and no bluetooth. Usually, every laptop has a bluetooth and mostly coupled with wlan. I dont know why its not working. Does this have anything to do with tapping pin 20??
God! I hope bluetooth works!!!!!!!
Any help would be appreciated...[/quote:24qk4t8k]
I'm happy for you! :cool:

Unfortunately combo Bluetooth/WiFi, I never experienced in Osx.

But you can search for @Bigdonkey'posts in HP Probook section, I think they have something...
However I plan to buy one and try, but unfortunately now I'm not at home and I'm writing from my smartphone

See you at the next :wave:

punjabi_lubana said:
Hi Micky!

Risks of the modded bios. Got my notebook bricked. At start no display just a blinking capslock led.
Followed this guide http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thread ... viewfull=1 and similar guides but no success.

Anything else I could to save it???

Thanks!

Do not panic! it's normal

Open the door, underneath the Notebook:

disconnect button battery, take away even that of the Notebook (also AC adapter).
wait 15 seconds and connect it all again.

Unlocked bios do this when changing settings, he can not save to CMOS (RSA signed check) or if missing HPET patch in dsdt.
But you can live with that, you just know.

This is semi-brick, not total brick

Let me know

Micky1979 said:
punjabi_lubana said:
Hi Micky!

Risks of the modded bios. Got my notebook bricked. At start no display just a blinking capslock led.
Followed this guide http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thread ... viewfull=1 and similar guides but no success.

Thanks!

disconnect button battery, take away even that of the Notebook (also AC adapter).

Unlocked bios do this when changing settings, he can not save to CMOS (RSA signed check) or if missing HPET patch in dsdt.

Let me know

It worked. THanks Micky!
Is this always gonna be like this?
Does this have any solution?

punjabi_lubana said:
Micky1979 said:
punjabi_lubana":3d6rf5gi]Hi Micky! Risks of the modded bios. Got my notebook bricked. At start no display just a blinking capslock led. Followed this guide [url="http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/31498-Bricked-HP-HDX-9430-after-BIOS-update?p=532249&viewfull=1 said:
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thread ... viewfull=1[/url] and similar guides but no success.

Thanks!

Let me know

It worked. THanks Micky!
Is this always gonna be like this?
Does this have any solution?[/quote:3d6rf5gi]
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Unfortunately it always will be!
This bios can produce semi-brick, but always fixable!
The best bios of camiloml, for us is this (unlocked menues+NO Withelist...you can put all wifi card you want):

http://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/Insyde/sp54024_NWL_UlkMenus_ByCamiloml.exe

With this version (F1A), you can save without fear, for example Swichable Graphics Fixed/Dynamic, without CMOS error!
If you want my advice use this, and do not change never bios settings.
....and do not entertain so many times to flash bios ;)

bye

The best bios of camiloml, for us is this (unlocked menues+NO Withelist...you can put all wifi card you want):

http://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/Insyde/sp ... miloml.exe

With this version (F1A), you can save without fear, for example Swichable Graphics Fixed/Dynamic, without CMOS error!
....and do not entertain so many times to flash bios

bye

So the best bios is the modded F1A. Should I downgrade and flash my bios to the above version? Are there any more risks or big risks?

My notebook warranty is near expiration..

What are the major differences b/w F1A and F1B?

Please Micky! help me make a decision.

f you want my advice use this, and do not change never bios settings.

What exactly this means?

punjabi_lubana said:

bye

So the best bios is the modded F1A. Should I downgrade and flash my bios to the above version? Are there any more risks or big risks?

When you flash the bios, even if the original risk is always there! (Notebook does not have removable chips as Desktop system)

differences between F1a and F1b is only cosmetic.

Did I tell you the semi-brick do, when you change the setting of the bios:

So do not ever change! (also because it is not useful!)

Note:

If the laptop breaks, Hp can still repair in warrity, only if everything is in order as the original!
Only you can know if you want to take risk! You can always put the original bios, but I would not recommend to repeatedly flash bios!!!!!

My advice?

put the bios that I told you (I use camiloml bios, from november), return to the original only if you sell the laptop, and preserves original wifi-card!

Micky1979 said:
punjabi_lubana said:

bye

When you flash the bios, even if the original risk is always there! (Notebook does not have removable chips as Desktop system)

differences between F1a and F1b is only cosmetic.

Did I tell you the semi-brick do, when you change the setting of the bios:

So do not ever change! (also because it is not useful!)

Note:

If the laptop breaks, Hp can still repair in warrity, only if everything is in order as the original!
Only you can know if you want to take risk! You can always put the original bios, but I would not recommend to repeatedly flash bios!!!!!

My advice?

put the bios that I told you (I use camiloml bios, from november), return to the original only if you sell the laptop, and preserves original wifi-card!

Like u say, u use camiloml bios from november, the f1b bios. I am also currently using the same bios. (camiloml f1b).

But I do often change bios settings. I often change the fixed/dynamic switchable graphics settings. The current modded bios cannot save settings.
Does the F1A modded bios from camiloml, the one you adviced me to flash, can save settings?
Also with unlocked menus, there might be some useful settings in bios for mac.

If both cant, then I wish to keep the current bios.

BTW whats the procedure of flashing the original bios if laptop is bricked (total brick), If there's any? (Just in case)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back