1. 512K
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Performa
  5. Power Mac
  6. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After installing the MSI LP 4GB RX 560, my HP 8300 Elite SFF (i7-3770 / Mojave 10.14.6) behaves fine until after the Apple loading screen, which is when the screen goes black, and the fans spin at full speed. Any ideas? WhateverGreen and Lilu are both where they need to be. My system worked fine with a GT710. My system definition is macmini 6,2. Any help would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
Have you enabled the RadeonDeInit=true option in your Clover config.plist? This is usually essential for the RX500 Series cards.

Looks like this in Clover Configurator:

Screenshot 2021-05-01 at 15.23.53.png

RadeonDeInit=true highlighted on Graphics tab within Red rectangle.

Have you made sure you removed any patches, fixes etc. you were using for the Nvidia card?

I did not enable “RadeonDeInit=True”. I’ll try that now. I’ll post results soon.

there were no fixes/patched enables for the nvidia card.

That didn't change anything. Same result :/

I noticed on the verbose something about... GPU "(no matching vendor_ID+device_ID or GPU name)"

Post a copy of your CLOVER folder, you can redact your Serial Number, Board Serial Number, SmUUID, MLB and ROM in your config.plist, so we can see what you are using with this Ivy Bridge system.

Include a copy of your ACPI tables. To obtain a copy of the ACPI Tables from your system when using Clover, do the following:
  1. The ACPI Tables can be obtained by pressing the 'F4' key while on the Clover Boot Screen.
  2. The tables are saved in the background, with no evidence that anything is happening.
  3. So just leave the system for around 30 seconds before doing anything such as booting the system.
  4. The ACPI tables will be written to the /CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder on the USB or your macOS drive, whichever you are using to boot the system.
  5. Provide a compressed copy of your /CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder.
Also post a copy of your IOReg, use the version of IORegistryExplorer in this guide - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-make-a-copy-of-ioreg.58368/

Post a copy of your CLOVER folder, you can redact your Serial Number, Board Serial Number, SmUUID, MLB and ROM in your config.plist, so we can see what you are using with this Ivy Bridge system.

Include a copy of your ACPI tables. To obtain a copy of the ACPI Tables from your system when using Clover, do the following:
  1. The ACPI Tables can be obtained by pressing the 'F4' key while on the Clover Boot Screen.
  2. The tables are saved in the background, with no evidence that anything is happening.
  3. So just leave the system for around 30 seconds before doing anything such as booting the system.
  4. The ACPI tables will be written to the /CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder on the USB or your macOS drive, whichever you are using to boot the system.
  5. Provide a compressed copy of your /CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder.
Also post a copy of your IOReg, use the version of IORegistryExplorer in this guide - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-make-a-copy-of-ioreg.58368/
Thanks soooo much for the assistance!

Attachments

• HP 8300.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 47
I will have a look at these files and get back to you with any recommendations.

I don't mean to bother you, but have you had a chance to look into this? I'm kind of desperate. I'd be willing to donate a little cash for the assistance that leads to success. Thanks again!

Attachments

• HP 8300.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 52
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back