Graphics
FirePro W7000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

if you are currently running 10.8.4. on a HP Elite 8200 SFF/CMT you'll probably don't use NullCPUPowerManagement as 10.8.4's AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement works out of the Box with this system.

WARNING - 10.8.5. breaks this.

If you simply grab the Combo Update and install it, you will be faced a nice KP on your next reboot. Make sure to install NullCPUPowerManagement before rebooting (or if you done already, boot with the installer) and rebuild your caches.

From what i've seen so far there's no real issue using NullCPUPowerManagement with this system. Sleep works as previously and Geekbench Scores are also the same.

I also tried restoring the 10.8.4 AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement*.kext's without success. IMHO it has something to do with the 12.5 Darwin Kernel used in 10.8.5.

Good luck to all 8200 users out there.

egrath

Hi, I know this was posted a couple of yours ago but I was hoping you're still out there.

Can I ask what method you used to get OSX onto an 8200? I'm having really big trouble and I think it might be because I am a total newcomer to all of this.

I have no idea about the HP Bios setup and have just been blindly trying things as there are very few posts about it. Also the basic hardware setup is something I'm not sure I have right.

Any help or pointers would be very much appreciated.

thanks in hope
Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back