Contribute
Register

HP 6200 Pro with i3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What will it take for me to Hack my HP 6200 Pro Small Form Factor PC with i3?
What would be a solid GPU(LowProfile)?
We are planning on running Final Cut Pro X

https://support.hp.com/us-en/produc...all-form-factor-pc/5037900/document/c02779493

Thank you Jer
The best low profile you can get currently is the GTX 1050 Ti. There are some LP AMD RX460's but have not tried those. AMD is generally better with FCP X than Nvidia but either will work. It is very easy to install Sierra on the Elite 8300 so should be the same on the 8200. See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-hp-6200-pro-sff-desktop-core-i3-2100-msi-gt-710-lp.230056/

There is no need to install Mavericks, going with Sierra would be preferable. Mavericks support will be phased out sooner rather than later. If you have to install Snow Leopard first the above graphics cards won't work for that. You'd need something much older.

Last edited:
It is very easy to install Sierra on the Elite 8300 so should be the same on the 8200....
The OP has a 6200 with Q65 + 2120 i3 Sandy Bridge system - not an 8200.

The OP has a 6200 with Q65 + 2120 i3 Sandy Bridge system - not an 8200.
My bad, mixing them up with someone else. Anyway the install on 6200s is exactly the same as on the 8200s.

My bad, mixing them up with someone else. Anyway the install on 6200s is exactly the same as on the 8200s.
No problem. As for the ease of install comparison, I would not know - I have always built mine from parts instead of buying off-the-shelf OEM builds. I prefer to have more control over what is in the box and what the box looks like.

Last edited:
Whell I have the same PC the difference is I have i5-2400 with Intel HD 2000 so I buy Nvidia GT 210 with 1 GB DDR3 of VRAM and everything work perfect even sound card onboard, just is not working the wifi card itself because is not compatible with Sierra and don't have drivers for 64 bits, I can show you all if you want and share with you my kexts and my configuration of clover.

I have installed Sierra 10.12.6 the latest and I planing to upgrade to High Sierra.

Regards,

Last edited:
Whell I have the same PC the difference is I have i5-2500 with Intel HD 2000 so I buy Nvidia GT 210 with 1 GB DDR3 of VRAM and everything work perfect even sound card onboard, just is not working the wifi card itself because is not compatible with Sierra and don't have drivers for 64 bits, I can show you all if you want and share with you my kexts and my configuration of clover.

I have installed Sierra 10.12.6 the latest and I planing to upgrade to High Sierra.

Regards,
Did you install Clover for legacy booting or UEFI ? I know that the 6200 is UEFI capable but I've never been able to get the Unibeast UEFI installer with Sierra on it to work on one of these 6200 models.

Did you install Clover for legacy booting or UEFI ? I know that the 6200 is UEFI capable but I've never been able to get the Unibeast UEFI installer with Sierra on it to work on one of these 6200 models.

Nop I use EFI mode in GPT HDD use the default 250 GB HDD, I never get the UEFI installer too, I read in many sites is UEFI capable but I can't do that, but in EFI mode work like a charm !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back