Contribute
Register

HP 4540s - i5 3230 + radeon hd 7650m

Status
Not open for further replies.
After one week of use, system is OK but i have 2 problems :

- brigthness adjustment (Fn key + F2/F3) doesn't work : is it a normal situation ? (I can survive without this....)

Sleep the display, then it works (Ctrl+Shift+Insert[Eject]). Or it could be that you need to use F2/F3 instead depending on your preference in SysPrefs -> Keyboard.

- USB3 ports are recognized as USB2 - actual driver is AppleUSBEHCI
I tried to use optional USB3.4x40s.Meize patch on my raw dsdst with Maciasl and dsdteditor (using this link :https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/wiki/How-to-patch-your-DSDT) but i get compil error.
I think i'm patching the right way since other patches don't send me compil errors.

It is currently looking like the best USB3 option is GenericUSBXHCI by Zenith. See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/93732-new-kexts-proposed-probook-installer-v6-1-a.html

The patch you mention was temporarily broken, but has since been fixed (yesterday).

I tried GenericUSBXHCI.text (RehabMan release) : USB3 works but then i have problems with sleep/wake up.
Starting PC on battery mode, sleep doesn't work anymore when I plug the electrical alimentation cable.
Starting PC with eclectrical cable, sleep doesn't work anymore when I unplug the cable.
(Already tried EC reset)

Any idea/solution ?

There are some boot options documented for GenericUSBXHCI.kext. Have you tried them?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286860-genericusbxhci-usb-30-driver-for-os-x-with-source/

Also, to use this kext, you should be sure that you haven't installed any USB patched kexts... Probably should be sure to remove /S/L/E/PXHCD.kext (although I don't think it loads for your laptop).

Hello...
\would you like a tell me how i can install dual boot win7 and ML, i already have ml 10.8.2 with two partition and one free partition. And just one question.. are you update your ml 10.8.2 to 10.8.3 or fresh install? Thanks

Hello...
\would you like a tell me how i can install dual boot win7 and ML, i already have ml 10.8.2 with two partition and one free partition. And just one question.. are you update your ml 10.8.2 to 10.8.3 or fresh install? Thanks

There are a lot of dual boot guides you can find if you search. Or you can look at my blog (link in signature) which does quad-boot and just skip over the parts you don't need.

I haven't done a 10.8.3 fresh install yet, as I have not bothered to update my 10.8.2 Unibeast flash...

Finally Rico60, did you buy it ?
did you succeed on installing Mountain Lion ?
dos everything work ?

thx for your reply.

Finally Rico60, did you buy it ?
did you succeed on installing Mountain Lion ?
dos everything work ?

Yes I bought it (ref : H6D78ES#ABF).
I just changed the wifi card for an AR9280 model which is natively recognized by ML 10.8.3
I made a fresh install with ML 10.8.3.
Everything is working except VGA output (but HDMI does).

(Also from France...)

Yes I bought it (ref : H6D78ES#ABF).
I just changed the wifi card for an AR9280 model which is natively recognized by ML 10.8.3
I made a fresh install with ML 10.8.3.
Everything is working except VGA output (but HDMI does).

(Also from France...)

Nice
I'm about to buy a C4Y99EA.

Was that easy to "hack" ?

I had one a bit wild idea, but maybe it's worth trying.
What happens if you patch the Radeon kext and use the AAPL,ig-platform-id: 01620006 or 01620007, since those 2 are meant for the iMac.

It probably wont work, since the iMac probably disables the hd4000 in the UEFI... but if someone wants to experiment...

Best case scenarion, that will disable your hd4000 and let only the radion operate.
Worst case scenario, your notebook will burst into flames :p:lol:.

Hi friend! Would you like a tell me what you install first. Mac or Win7? I alredy have a Mac and one free partition, can i install win 7 on free partition. Laptop model is hp 4540s i3+7650m?

Hi friend! Would you like a tell me what you install first. Mac or Win7? I alredy have a Mac and one free partition, can i install win 7 on free partition. Laptop model is hp 4540s i3+7650m?

Probably best to read/follow my multi-boot guide. See link to blog in signature. Just skip the sections you're not interested in. You can actually install in any order, but there are less steps if you install OS X after Win7.

I had one a bit wild idea, but maybe it's worth trying.
What happens if you patch the Radeon kext and use the AAPL,ig-platform-id: 01620006 or 01620007, since those 2 are meant for the iMac.

It probably wont work, since the iMac probably disables the hd4000 in the UEFI... but if someone wants to experiment...

Best case scenarion, that will disable your hd4000 and let only the radion operate.
Worst case scenario, your notebook will burst into flames :p:lol:.

Hi, did you make Radeon work or your notebook burst into flmaes? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back