Contribute
Register

HP 4530 10.8.5 Kernel Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
This fixed my Mac Mini that was kernel panicking as well. I put an OWC Electra SSD in it and when I tried to update I got a KP. I thought it was the culprit and contacted OWC tech support and they told me a firmware update was needed to fix issues with compatibility with 10.8.5 and they were working on it.

However, I just checked and sure enough I had the Network Gate program installed on it as well. A light-bulb went on as to why I installed the program as it lets you share USB devices over an Ethernet connection. I was playing around with it several months back when I purchased a USB 3.0 PCI express card for my Probook.

I removed it, installed the update and works like a champ.

Again, thanks a ton for steering me in the right direction.

This fixed my Mac Mini that was kernel panicking as well. I put an OWC Electra SSD in it and when I tried to update I got a KP. I thought it was the culprit and contacted OWC tech support and they told me a firmware update was needed to fix issues with compatibility with 10.8.5 and they were working on it.

However, I just checked and sure enough I had the Network Gate program installed on it as well. A light-bulb went on as to why I installed the program as it lets you share USB devices over an Ethernet connection. I was playing around with it several months back when I purchased a USB 3.0 PCI express card for my Probook.

I removed it, installed the update and works like a champ.

Again, thanks a ton for steering me in the right direction.

I helped fix a real Mac on a site for running OS X on non-Apple hardware... That's hilarious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back