Contribute
Register

HP 350 G1 clover Yosemite post install advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Rehabman,

Well I suppose I must start with battery status, following the sticky How to patch DSDT for working battery status. Looks like it must be done manually.

Then the obvious feature that needs fixing is the sound, with codec IDT 92HD95. I think I must create an AppleHDA for that new codec, but I am yet unsure how.

Thank you for your help.

Maybe I can create an experimental PBI CE version for you.

That would be great!

If you need me to test some things out, just ask...

Boot from your USB, press F4 at Clover screen, copy the EFI/CLOVER/origin folder in your USB and upload here.

What does pressing f4 at the clover boot menu do exactly? When I press it it seems to just stop the countdown timer and allow control with the arrow keys, but the same thing is accomplished by simply pressing the arrow keys.

Is there an indicator that lets me know I did it right or that the f4 press took other than waiting to see the warning message when trying to patch the dsdt with probook installer?

What does pressing f4 at the clover boot menu do exactly? When I press it it seems to just stop the countdown timer and allow control with the arrow keys, but the same thing is accomplished by simply pressing the arrow keys.

Clover writes native ACPI files to EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin when you press F4.

Is there an indicator that lets me know I did it right or that the f4 press took other than waiting to see the warning message when trying to patch the dsdt with probook installer?

If you press F4 (and not Fn+F4... watch out for BIOS options that reverse these keys) at the main Clover bootloader screen, then you did it correctly.

You can look in EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin to see the files yourself.

The trackpad works, you just need to go to the trackpad settings in System Preferences and uncheck the portion that says:

Options
Ignore accidental trackpad....

This worked perfectly for me to fix the laggy/slowness. However, multitouch scrolling is still hit or miss. To be honest, it is really hit or miss even when I am on the OEM windows partition.

Please find attached:

When I choose 4xx g1, I get the message:

1- you haven't pressed F4
2- you haven't selected the right main model-specific patch

2- is probably right (I have a 350 G1, which cannot be selected, so I select 4xx g1) while 1- is false: I did press F4 at clover screen.

I have no battery status and no sound (IDT 92HD95).

Just so you know, you are not alone here. I have run into the same problem. I have tried to install Yosemeti twice (and use the probook installer), and have had that error message come up no matter what, even with pressing f4.

I had difficulty with dual booting, too. I finally managed to figure how to do it, then had trouble with windows overwriting the boot manager, which I also worked through. I should write these down somewhere, as I know I am not the only one trying to boot win7-64bit along with OSX on this laptop.

I am still without:

Sound
Battery
SD Reader
Wifi (BCM943228 [sometimes seen as BCM4329}) --- I know I need to replace it.
Windows 7 Showing up in clover menu without needing to go to f9--boot from efi fil --efi--microsoft--...

Clover writes native ACPI files to EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin when you press F4.

If you press F4 (and not Fn+F4... watch out for BIOS options that reverse these keys) at the main Clover bootloader screen, then you did it correctly.

You can look in EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin to see the files yourself.

My bios is....(dumb) or backward.

I have the f.12 bios version (HP's nomenclature) also called The InsydeH20 Setup Utility 3.7

Under "Action Key Mode"

disable option --- requires you to press fn + F#
enable option --- just press f#

I noticed in my windows partition (7-64bit) that when it was disable, I could press F# directly, and when enabled, I have to press FN + F#. Weird. Totally opposite of how the in-bios instructions read. I've tried it both ways with clover booting. I definitely have files in that directory, but I assume they are remnant and remain between reboots.

Is the only way to mount the EFI partition through clover configurator.app which installed when hpinstaller was run? It took me a little bit to figure that out.

I also had to copy the config.plist file over from my usb to /efi/clover/ otherwise the machine would not boot without the USB present. Was this in the instructions somewhere, and I just missed it?

Also, you are awesome. Laptop isn't perfect, but it is absolutely amazing thanks to your hard work.

Just so you know, you are not alone here. I have run into the same problem. I have tried to install Yosemeti twice (and use the probook installer), and have had that error message come up no matter what, even with pressing f4.

Please note that BIOS on many new computers has an option to reverse the function of Fn+F1..F12 and F1..F12. You have to press the key that generates the F4 scan code. Depending on the BIOS option that could be Fn+F4 or F4. You should press both Fn+F4 and F4 if there is any doubt.

If you're able to adjust brightness and volume in Windows without pressing Fn, then you already know your keys are reversed.

Please note that BIOS on many new computers has an option to reverse the function of Fn+F1..F12 and F1..F12. You have to press the key that generates the F4 scan code. Depending on the BIOS option that could be Fn+F4 or F4. You should press both Fn+F4 and F4 if there is any doubt.

Definitely have done both.

I am looking at post #38. And while I am currently trying to educate myself on what it means, I can infer it means that the three of us on here with hp 350 g1 basically got lucky using the hp 450 g1 settings in probook installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back