Contribute
Register

HP 350 G1 clover Yosemite post install advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know about DPICManager, but I will learn.

I used clover installer guide posted in step 30 or I wouldn't even be typing right now. I am trying to find the proper guide for installing VoodooPS2Controller.kext to help determine why I have to disable accidental touch when using the trackpad.

nguyenmac said in post #84 that I used the wrong steps and to use your guide, but the link I posted (and used) was your guide.

You should install the debug VooodoPS2Controller.kext to the appropriate folder in EFI/Clover/kexts.

You should install the debug VooodoPS2Controller.kext to the appropriate folder in EFI/Clover/kexts.

This is what I did: The only variation is that I used the debug voodoo instead of the release voodoo.

However, I had no existing kexts in S/L/E as per the first two steps. I also had to probook files to back up either. I did run the commands in terminal, though, and followed all of the other steps.

It is important that you follow these instructions as it is not a good idea to have two different ApplePS2Controller.kexts under different names. Originally the Voodoo code was packaged as ApplePS2Controller.kext as it was based on code originally from Apple. Newer versions, including this one, are called VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

In addition, as of version 1.7.4, AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext is integrated into VoodooPS2Controller.kext, and you must remove it.

So here are the instructions: (/System/Library/Extensions is abbreviated to /S/L/E)

• remove /S/L/E/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext (note: this is only for version 1.7.4 or greater)
    sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
  • remove /S/L/E/ApplePS2Controller.kext
    sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext
  • For versions 1.8.0, 1.8.1, and 1.8.2, ProBook users not using kozlek's branch of FakeSMC may wish to copy the ProBook specific Info.plist files (you are encouraged to use RehabMan's branch of kozlek's FakeSMC, such that this is not necessary). Assuming your current working directory is where you extracted the distribution archive:
    cp ./ProBook/Trackpad-Info.plist ./Release/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Info.plist
    cp ./ProBook/Keyboard-Info.plist ./Release/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist
  • install VoodooPS2Controller.kext using your favorite Kext installer (Kext Wizard) (note: for versions prior to 1.7.4, you must install AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext as well)
  • starting with version 1.7.8, install the VoodooPS2Daemon
    sudo cp org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.Daemon.plist /Library/LaunchDaemons
    sudo cp VoodooPS2Daemon /usr/bin
  • optional: rebuild permissions and kernel cache
  • reboot

This is what I did: The only variation is that I used the debug voodoo instead of the release voodoo.

However, I had no existing kexts in S/L/E as per the first two steps. I also had to probook files to back up either. I did run the commands in terminal, though, and followed all of the other steps.

The instructions at github are only appropriate if you have your kexts (including FakeSMC.kext) installed to /S/L/E. This is not the case with the ProBook Installer - CE.

I already told you what to do in post #91.

Remove what you did in the Github guide, and follow Rehabman's latest guide, which is #91 please.

In short, revert all those stuff:

o here are the instructions: (/System/Library/Extensions is abbreviated to /S/L/E)

• remove /S/L/E/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext (note: this is only for version 1.7.4 or greater)
    sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
  • remove /S/L/E/ApplePS2Controller.kext
    sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext
  • For versions 1.8.0, 1.8.1, and 1.8.2, ProBook users not using kozlek's branch of FakeSMC may wish to copy the ProBook specific Info.plist files (you are encouraged to use RehabMan's branch of kozlek's FakeSMC, such that this is not necessary). Assuming your current working directory is where you extracted the distribution archive:
    cp ./ProBook/Trackpad-Info.plist ./Release/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Info.plist
    cp ./ProBook/Keyboard-Info.plist ./Release/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist
  • install VoodooPS2Controller.kext using your favorite Kext installer (Kext Wizard) (note: for versions prior to 1.7.4, you must install AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext as well)
  • starting with version 1.7.8, install the VoodooPS2Daemon
    sudo cp org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.Daemon.plist /Library/LaunchDaemons
    sudo cp VoodooPS2Daemon /usr/bin
  • optional: rebuild permissions and kernel cache
  • reboot

and just do this:

You know, it really shouldn't be this hard. To be honest, I have no idea how to install my kext to that location. When I use kext wizard, it only gives me the option to install to my yosemite portion or my desktop. Now, i know asking this is going to make you post the same link you always post, which, in effect, won't get me any where. I've followed the guide.

Regarding the steps I followed, which were apparently wrong, about installing the voodoops2, how am I supposed to know what guide to use. Obviously the guides are tagged poorly. The guide I used specifically listed what to do if I had a PBI (which I do), so I used it only to find out it is wrong. Maybe the 400 different guides floating around don't make it very clear what to do, which is likely why you and N have to respond to nearly every post.

Thanks for the tip on DPCIManager. Funny, in the many hours of reading I have spent reading on this forum, I have never heard of using this tool. Sure, I'd love to know my hardware, but how am I supposed to learn it when I didn't even know there was a tool to do it? Maybe having this information a little more front and center would be helpful. Who knows. Should i install the sound forge one, or which variance of one from this website. A quick search shows me at least two. I have to beg for scraps to figure out which one, because most likely, I'll chose the wrong one due to poor tagging.

As it stands right now, knowing my hardware won't do much for me. What would help me is closer learning of my rm flags in terminal. In trying to undo following what I thought was the appropriate guide, I used to wrong flag in my RM command and deleted my whole launchdaemon and /usr/bin directories. Sure, the computer starts, but I don't think I can recover those without starting over, again.

Call me frustrated. Sure this a learning experience, but it would be a lot simpler if things were clearer on here. Oh well. Looking back over the archives, I don't see that changing.

Truth be told, my trackpad works with the ignore box unchecked. The only reason I was trying to get it working was to try and give back some and help the next person in line. No good deed goes unpunished, it seems.

Looks like I need to reinstall to get back my launchdaemons and /usr/bin unless you all have some magic I don't know about. I'll let you know when I get it all put back together, again, and we can try this voodoo.kext one more again. :banghead:

You know, it really shouldn't be this hard. To be honest, I have no idea how to install my kext to that location.

Drag & drop with Finder.

Step 1: Revert what you did: remove VoodooPS2 in /S/L/E
Step 2: Mount EFI partition (you can google around to know how to mount)
Step 3: Drag VoodooPS2Controller debug & drop with Finder to /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10.

Step 1: Revert what you did: remove VoodooPS2 in /S/L/E
Step 2: Mount EFI partition (you can google around to know how to mount)
Step 3: Drag VoodooPS2Controller debug & drop with Finder to /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10.

I used rm -r instead of rm -f in terminal and accidentally deleted my /usr/bin directory and my /L/LaunchDaemons directory.

Yosemite will start up and load, but I can't mount my EFI partition anymore. Totally my own fault.

I have a ~620mb partition associated with OSX that I think is a restore partition. I may just have to reinstall everything from scratch. I screwed up.

Good news, I have reinstalled my two OS's and things are working again.

I am able to airplay to apple TV (and mirror) via wired ethernet connection. Apparently, I hadn't added the kexts before like you noted in your previous post.

I tried a random wifi card to see if my bios has a white list. It didn't recognize it or even try to load drivers once I booted into Windows.

I do have my service manual.

It lists the following cards, none of which are supported on Clover.
Atheros AR9485 802.11bgn WiFi Adapter
Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth® 4.0 Adapter
Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11bgn 1×1 + BT 4 LE Combo Adapter
Ralink RT3290LE 802.11bgn 1×1 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter

If I buy one of the supported cards for Clover and Yosemite, how do I get around the whitelist?

Good news, I have reinstalled my two OS's and things are working again.

I am able to airplay to apple TV (and mirror) via wired ethernet connection. Apparently, I hadn't added the kexts before like you noted in your previous post.

I tried a random wifi card to see if my bios has a white list. It didn't recognize it or even try to load drivers once I booted into Windows.

I do have my service manual.

It lists the following cards, none of which are supported on Clover.
Atheros AR9485 802.11bgn WiFi Adapter
Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth® 4.0 Adapter
Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11bgn 1×1 + BT 4 LE Combo Adapter
Ralink RT3290LE 802.11bgn 1×1 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter

If I buy one of the supported cards for Clover and Yosemite, how do I get around the whitelist?

Did you install the driver for that Wifi card in Windows? Go to Device Manager and check if an unknown device is listed.

Many whitelist BIOS will report invalid card at startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back