Contribute
Register

HP 250 G5 - Support

Can We get full support of the Wifi, Trackpad and Proper CPU and Power Management?

• Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No with out DSDT and SSDT Support

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 250 G5
CPU
Intel Core i5 6200U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 520
Hi There Tonymacx86 Community I would like to start and get help in the support for this laptop, the HP 250 G5 - Intel Core i5 1920x1080 15'6.

Full Laptop Specs are as Follows:
Operating system: Preinstalled with Windows 10 Home 64

Processor:
Intel Core i5-6200U with Intel HD Graphics 520 (2.3 GHz, up to 2.8 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)

Chipset:
Intel® SoC (chipset is integrated with processor)

Graphics:
Intel HD 520 1024MB VRAM in Windows / 1536MB in MacOS

Display:
15.6" diagonal WLED FHD Anti-glare Slim (1920 x 1080) SVA1

Wireless Technologies:
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (1x1) WiFi and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo with Wi-Di

Ports and Connectors:
1 USB 3.0; 2 USB 2.0; 1 VGA; 1 HDMI; 1 headphone/microphone combo jack; 1 AC power; 1 RJ-45

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far I got macOS Sierra installed with QE/CI full working and Bluetooth, for audio I used VoodooHDA but the input gain is high at every reboot. Battery works after DSDT patches as well as brightness control within the System Preferences
There is no wifi and I haven't put ethernet kexts yet. Native Fn keys don't work and Airplane mode key causes a reboot with black screen. I well ports HwInfo specs late and the Trackpad does not fully work no multi-touch also I want to know if there could be better control of the cpu and power management - sleep state works with DSDT patch of brightness but shutdown requires long press of about 3sec to display the options of shutting down.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi There Tonymacx86 Community I would like to start and get help in the support for this laptop, the HP 250 G5 - Intel Core i5 1920x1080 15'6.

Full Laptop Specs are as Follows:
Operating system: Preinstalled with Windows 10 Home 64

Processor:
Intel Core i5-6200U with Intel HD Graphics 520 (2.3 GHz, up to 2.8 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)

Chipset:
Intel® SoC (chipset is integrated with processor)

Graphics:
Intel HD 520 1024MB VRAM in Windows / 1536MB in MacOS

Display:
15.6" diagonal WLED FHD Anti-glare Slim (1920 x 1080) SVA1

Wireless Technologies:
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (1x1) WiFi and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo with Wi-Di

Ports and Connectors:
1 USB 3.0; 2 USB 2.0; 1 VGA; 1 HDMI; 1 headphone/microphone combo jack; 1 AC power; 1 RJ-45

So far I got macOS Sierra installed with QE/CI full working and Bluetooth, for audio I used VoodooHDA but the input gain is high at every reboot. Battery works after DSDT patches as well as brightness control within the System Preferences
There is no wifi and I haven't put ethernet kexts yet. Native Fn keys don't work and Airplane mode key causes a reboot with black screen. I well ports HwInfo specs late and the Trackpad does not fully work no multi-touch also I want to know if there could be better control of the cpu and power management - sleep state works with DSDT patch of brightness but shutdown requires long press of about 3sec to display the options of shutting down.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

DSDT For the HP 250 G5 - Intel i5 & SSDTs From Windows - Linux version has to many errors to fix as well a the MacOS version.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    128.3 KB · Views: 287
  • SSDT-1.aml
    75 bytes · Views: 265
  • SSDT-2.aml
    26.2 KB · Views: 259
  • SSDT-3.aml
    21.2 KB · Views: 255
  • SSDT-4.aml
    10.6 KB · Views: 311
  • SSDT-5.aml
    724 bytes · Views: 224
  • SSDT-6.aml
    3.7 KB · Views: 237
  • SSDT-7.aml
    410 bytes · Views: 242
  • SSDT-9.aml
    2.8 KB · Views: 256
  • SSDT-8.aml
    2.5 KB · Views: 251
  • SSDT-10.aml
    330 bytes · Views: 224
  • SSDT-11.aml
    3.6 KB · Views: 267
  • SSDT.aml
    1.2 KB · Views: 261
HP 250 G5 - Intel i5 DSDT [Patched & Unpatched] with no errors and some patches applied - Battery status, Screen Brightness control and IGPU rewrite.
As for the errors [I didn't relay know how to fix the errors so I just deleted the line of code - their was one time I did fix them after some time but I forgot what I did so this time just deleted them.]

Error 01.png

Line: 11902 Code: 6126
Error 02.png

Errors 2&3.png

After Patching the DSDT file I get This:
After Patches.png

Attachments

• DSDT Patched.aml
    128.4 KB · Views: 399
  • DSDT Back Up.aml
    128.3 KB · Views: 295
HP 250 G5 - Intel i5 DSDT [Patched & Unpatched] with no errors and some patches applied - Battery status, Screen Brightness control and IGPU rewrite.
As for the errors [I didn't relay know how to fix the errors so I just deleted the line of code - their was one time I did fix them after some time but I forgot what I did so this time just deleted them.]

View attachment 260365

View attachment 260367

View attachment 260371

View attachment 260373
no need to worry about warnings, as long as you don't have any errors :)

View attachment 260365

View attachment 260367

View attachment 260371

View attachment 260373

Don't forget to use refs.txt as per guide.

How about Mojave support please

How about Mojave support please

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back