CPU
i5-4460
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
For my first attempt at a hackintosh I probably shouldn't have picked a notebook, but, it is what it is. I've been trying to get this going now for 2 weeks, every night and sometimes all day, too. Some of the onboard items aren't supported (RT5390R wifi for example) so I've purchased a USB wifi nano adapter . . . but I haven't even tried to install that yet. Here's what I've done so far:

Following the instructions on this site I've been able to create the USB drive with UniBeast, and boot to that drive to do a basic installation, using Clover. I have to use a USB keyboard and mouse because the built-in ones are PS/2. I usually get to the initial OS X setup without any hiccups. I am then at the desktop and ready to run MultiBeast to a) get it to boot from the HDD b) add PS/2 support and c) add Ethernet support. At this point I haven't been worrying about trackpad / audio / battery, etc.

Everytime I used MultiBeast I have had to start from scratch again. At first I was trying to add the Ethernet and PS/2 kexts to the UEFI setup, but as I was always having to reinstall I started adding less and less until all I was trying to do was make it boot without the USB drive. It still wouldn't boot. I read the relevant guides . . . several times . . . to no avail. I then abandoned this method altogether and tried a few alternate ways, from other sites, with even less success.

So now, when I boot from USB into Clover, I can select the installation drive to do it all over again, or select the hard drive (or a recovery drive). Selecting the hard drive shows me a black screen for about 10 seconds, then the Apple logo comes up for about a second, and then it reboots, or occasionally I get the "no permission" symbol.

I'm kind of pulling my hair out right now. Any suggestions are welcomed.

For my first attempt at a hackintosh I probably shouldn't have picked a notebook, but, it is what it is. I've been trying to get this going now for 2 weeks, every night and sometimes all day, too. Some of the onboard items aren't supported (RT5390R wifi for example) so I've purchased a USB wifi nano adapter . . . but I haven't even tried to install that yet. Here's what I've done so far:

Following the instructions on this site I've been able to create the USB drive with UniBeast, and boot to that drive to do a basic installation, using Clover. I have to use a USB keyboard and mouse because the built-in ones are PS/2. I usually get to the initial OS X setup without any hiccups. I am then at the desktop and ready to run MultiBeast to a) get it to boot from the HDD b) add PS/2 support and c) add Ethernet support. At this point I haven't been worrying about trackpad / audio / battery, etc.

Everytime I used MultiBeast I have had to start from scratch again. At first I was trying to add the Ethernet and PS/2 kexts to the UEFI setup, but as I was always having to reinstall I started adding less and less until all I was trying to do was make it boot without the USB drive. It still wouldn't boot. I read the relevant guides . . . several times . . . to no avail. I then abandoned this method altogether and tried a few alternate ways, from other sites, with even less success.

So now, when I boot from USB into Clover, I can select the installation drive to do it all over again, or select the hard drive (or a recovery drive). Selecting the hard drive shows me a black screen for about 10 seconds, then the Apple logo comes up for about a second, and then it reboots, or occasionally I get the "no permission" symbol.

I'm kind of pulling my hair out right now. Any suggestions are welcomed.
Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

Sorry, I must be blind. I don't see a "Q. Where do I start?" section in the links you provided, or a list of the seven details required. Not sure what I'm missing . . . .

I think I've tried so many different fixes for several problems that I might have made some things worse. So far I have been able to successfully:
1. enable keyboard and touchpad (as a mouse, except just before login, when oddly it works as a touchpad)
2. enable Ethernet
3. enable Wifi (USB adapter but I'm going to get a PCIe card instead)
4. boot from the HDD

However, I have not been able to:
1. enable Intel HD 3000 hardware acceleration
2. enable sound (AL269 according to speccy)
3. properly enable power management

I think if I can get those last 3 going I'll have a usable hackbook. Reporting files are attached. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• debug_28109.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 62
I think I've tried so many different fixes for several problems that I might have made some things worse. So far I have been able to successfully:
1. enable keyboard and touchpad (as a mouse, except just before login, when oddly it works as a touchpad)
2. enable Ethernet
3. enable Wifi (USB adapter but I'm going to get a PCIe card instead)
4. boot from the HDD

However, I have not been able to:
1. enable Intel HD 3000 hardware acceleration
2. enable sound (AL269 according to speccy)
3. properly enable power management

I think if I can get those last 3 going I'll have a usable hackbook. Reporting files are attached. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Read guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back