Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 8742
CPU
i7-10750H
Graphics
GTX 1650
Hello guys!

I've been trying to hackintosh this laptop for some time now, without good results.

I've tried following the clover guide couldn't get to installer, and tried following the OC guide couldn't get to installer.

Yesterday I found out that someone with similar specs and model (Except 9th generation processor vs mine which is 10th) posted their clover efi folder, I copied the entire folder (which I know I shouldn't do but I tried anyway as I have gotten nowhere), and by clicking Inject Intel I was able to boot to installer and install to a USB drive.

But when I use my usb drive to boot to clover, and select my other usb drive with catalina installed there I go through all the verbose with no apparent issues but then I only get to a very dim screen with an apple logo with no progress bar or anything and just stays there.

Tried disabling inject nvidia, tried injecting intel, tried several combinations of the two, tried a 0x12345678 fake id, change the SMBIOS to a different MBP, but no results.

This is the Clover folder I've been using , I realized it is not adequate for my laptop, but it's the one that got me the further.

Please if you can provide any guide and what I should do, or any edit.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 41
I would suggest you to try dortania's guide and make a correct efi for your configuration. And I guess ati radeon 6xxx series were discontinued since mojave so you have to disable it and stick with the igpu. You make your own efi with opencore I'd say, then check out were the process stucks (if it stucks) and get back here for help. Also update your profile, i guess cpu is incorrect
Sorry, I forgot to update my profile only added it in my signature.

It is now updated.

I followed dortanias guide, did my ssdt using SSDT time and no matter what combination I used, I always ended up in ACPI ERROR and I could never get to installer.

Well check which ssdts you need for your configuration. Or you could go with prebuilt ssdts (which is a dirty way for opencore) cause to my knowledge they will work giving the fact that they try every configuration possible. Of course with prebuilt ssdts the boot speed with be slower. Also you could upload opencore efi (and the error log) maybe there is a problem with that.
Thanks, I tried OC from fresh and I got to the same error.

I am posting my EFI folder with the error log that OC provides.

Hope you can help!

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 27
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back