Contribute
Register

How well is Sandy Bridge working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Toshiba A660
CPU
i3 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
GT330M
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Can you confirm that all PCIe slots work on Sandy Bridge on hackintosh yet?

I want to run two graphic cards and two PCIe 1x cards in a pc and need to know it works properly. I know noone can guarantee but if someone has experience please post.

I can confirm that legacy kernel have problems – i have kernel panic twice per hour. I'm waiting sandy bridge official support.

I can confirm that all pci slots work on osx, I have a smooth working install with no kernel panics at all. took a few days of efford, but it worked! the sandybridge legacy kernel is working OK for me.

I have other cards in the pci slot (areca RAID card and an UAD dsp card) and they both work. so I can't tell you about two video cards

Please someone, confirm two graphic cards working as this was issue with older ASUS P55 boards (did not got it to work)

@D0UCHE

nope! the HD6950-->HD6970 is only working in VESA mode, in 1600x1200 max. it's enough for now, I am gaming in Win7.

Youtube plays nicely in vesa mode, but things could be better ofcourse. only a matter of time! and now I created something to look out for

The only advice I can give is WAIT! This has been the biggest headache I've ever had with computers before. I can't wait for Apple to officially support Sandy Bridge...not that it'll make much of a difference because I don't think my non-Apple branded graphics card will ever be supported. ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB lol

Trevnerdio said:
I don't think my non-Apple branded graphics card will ever be supported. ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB lol

eventually it WILL be supported one way or another. but it might take long..........

piellekes said:
Trevnerdio said:
I don't think my non-Apple branded graphics card will ever be supported. ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB lol

eventually it WILL be supported one way or another. but it might take long..........
Iiii don't know...we're talking about Apple here. Sure, there are a lot of framebuffers and whatnot but I can't figure out how to get them installed and every time I try to put the Ati5000injector.kext into the System/Extensions folder, I get an error message saying that it won't work...and what did I do? I stupidly restarted. Ended up having to wipe that partition again and then I updated to 10.6.6 which I've done like 4 times already but this time it gives me a kernel panic. I'm totally out of ideas.

Apple support will begin with next gen MacBook and MacBook Pro's. We'll have to see if makes desktop Hackintosh systems any easier to get working trouble free at that time. Should be in 10.6.7 or 10.6.8 in late Spring/early Summer. Will be in 10.7.

In 32 bit mode it's rock solid for me. No KP's or anything.

In 64 bit mode, I typically get a couple KP's on boot, but by the 3rd or fourth restart it boots into 64 fine and is rock solid. It is my only issue.

My GTX 470 is flawless and even the bluetooth dongle I have plugged in was recognized and seems to be working. I've stressed the system pretty well with Final Cut rendering and it didn't crash/kp.

Other than the 64 bit boot kp's I'm pretty happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back