Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] Wi-Fi 6 Intel AX210 on macOS Sonoma

You don't need to do anything with port 10, it appears as it should with the Bluetooth module shown and the port set as Internal.

Are the guesses regarding the port types made by the UTBMap script correct?

You failed to select the option 'D' to disable all empty ports. So your UTBMap.kext/Contents/info.plist contains all the ports discovered, even if they don't existing in your laptop. So instead of having 8 x active ports your UTBMap.kext contains 18 x active ports!

View attachment 574896 UTBMap.kext/Contents/Info.plist viewed in ProperTree.

All 10 x inactive/non-existent ports are set as 'Internal' (UsbConnector = 255), which will completely mess up your USB configuration.

This is what your UTBMap.kext/Contents/Info.plist should look like whenviewed in ProperTree.
View attachment 574897 Revised and cleaned up UTBMap.kext/Contents/Info.plist.

Revised kext is attached below for you to use.
Thx Edhawk, I tried your cleaned kext (with USBTooBox.kext, of course) but it didn't work. BT still not working.
Before to install this Intel PCIe card my hackintosh was perfect (all working) with the attached USBPorts.kext.

Are the guesses regarding the port types made by the UTBMap script correct?
Yes, they are

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 14
What do you mean it didn’t work?

Did the system boot with the revised kext in your OC setup?
Did you test the external USB ports, did they work with both a USB2 and USB3 device?
Did you test the Webcam, did it work?
What does your system show regarding the WiFi & Bluetooth in Hackintool and System Settings?
Have you checked to ensure the WiFi card is fully seated in the motherboard connector?
Have you checked to ensure the 2 x antenna are fully seated and connected to the small connectors on the card?

What do you mean it didn’t work?
My BlueTooth is not working, but Wi-Fi works fine.

Screenshot 2023-11-26 alle 17.37.10.png

ON/OFF button is only cosmetics. If I set it ON no device are discovered and it go automatically OFF after a while.

Screenshot 2023-11-26 alle 17.36.40.png

Screenshot 2023-11-26 alle 17.43.33.png

Did the system boot with the revised kext in your OC setup?
Did you test the external USB ports, did they work with both a USB2 and USB3 device?
Did you test the Webcam, did it work?

Yes, the system boot with the revised kext and all the other USB ports works fine, also the webcam. Wi-Fi works, but Bluetooth fail. Here my kext config:

Screenshot 2023-11-26 alle 17.49.41.png

What does your system show regarding the WiFi & Bluetooth in Hackintool and System Settings?
About Hackintool, here some screenshots:

Screenshot 2023-11-26 alle 18.35.24.png

BLUETOOTH USB port is not associated on port 10
Screenshot 2023-11-26 alle 17.50.49.png

PCIe WIFI is well detected
Screenshot 2023-11-26 alle 17.51.06.png

I'm using also the bluetoothExternalDongleFailed and bluetoothinternalControllerinfo strings inside NVRAM, but Bluetooth didn't work.
Screenshot 2023-11-26 alle 17.51.41.png

Have you checked to ensure the WiFi card is fully seated in the motherboard connector?
Have you checked to ensure the 2 x antenna are fully seated and connected to the small connectors on the card?
Of course.
This card card works perfectly in Windows 11 (both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth).

Last edited:
Try this, switch IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext so it is loaded by OC before IntelBTPatcher.kext.

Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 18.40.33.png Switch order of kexts for Intel BT module

Try this, switch IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext so it is loaded by OC before IntelBTPatcher.kext.

View attachment 574946 Switch order of kexts for Intel BT module
It didn't work. Bluetooth appear always as NULL BCM_4350C2
:cry:

I tried also to remap the USB ports in Windows (again!) with USBToolBox but enabling the Apple native classes option (so USBToolbox.kext is not required anymore) but nothing. In attached the new kext.

Some specs extracted from Windows about my card (maybe it could be usefull):
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2725&SUBSYS_00248086&REV_1A
Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R): USB\VID_8087&PID_0032&REV_0000

Attachments

• USBMap.kext.zip
    928 bytes · Views: 14
Did you use the ResetNvramEntry.efi driver after making the kext order change? If not, please do so and see if that makes any difference.

Your Intel BT module is showing as BCM_4350C2 because it is being faked as a Broadcom card, by the use of BlueToolFixup.kext.

My Intel WiFi/BT card AX210 shows like this in macOS Sonoma.

Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 21.56.51.pngSystem Information > Bluetooth report

It doesn't show as a BCM_4350C2, but discoverable is still shown as Off, even though I can connect via Bluetooth.

Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 21.57.10.png Hackintool > System > Peripherals
This shows it as an Apple BT module

Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 21.57.46.png Hackintool > PCIe tab
This shows the AX210 card details, doesn't show the USB BT details.

Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 22.00.37.png Hackintool > USB tab
This tab shows the Bluetooth connected to an internal header.

Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 22.01.23.png System Information > USB report
This shows the Bluetooth module connected via USB port as an Intel controller.

Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 22.02.04.png System Information > Wi-Fi
This shows the Intel card uses Itlwm, even though it uses Airportitlwm.kext and the native Apple WiFi controller, not Heliport, which Itlwm.kext uses and requires.

Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 22.03.57.png /EFI/OC/Kexts folder contents
This shows the WiFi and Bluetooth kexts I am using for this AX210 M.2 card.

Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 22.04.36.png Config.plist > Kernel > Add section
This shows the order in which the three Bluetooth kexts are loaded.

I have attached the a copy of the kexts I am using in macOS Sonoma. So you can use exactly the same kexts in your system.

Make sure they are loaded in the order shown above.
Make sure you use the ResetNvramEntry.efi before you boot in to macOS Sonoma after changing the kexts and editing your config.plist.

Attachments

• AX210 kexts Sonoma.zip
    21.7 MB · Views: 63
@Edhawk
Mine is practically the same as your system, the same screenshots. Logically, we are using the same wifi-BT hardware.
One question: do you have sleep and wake from sleep OK when the kexts for Intel bluetooth are active? With or without the boot args?

I haven't paid particular attention to Sleep on the Haswell hack containing the Intel WiFi/BT card. But I haven't noticed any issues either. I have a working USBPorts.kext, plus a couple of SSDT's that help with sleep on this system.

Just so we are clear the only boot argument I am using with the Intel AX210 is the country code fix, shown below.

Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 17.31.58.png

@Edhawk thanks a lot for your help and patience.
I tried your kexts in the order adviced and performed an NVRAM reset (but I do it always, also if the modify is not related to NVRAM) but it didn't work. Bluetooth stay always on NULL BCM_4350C2. :banghead:

Try booting with BlueToolFixup.kext disabled in your config.plist.

Back