Contribute
Register

How to use Paralles Desktop with Intel Virtualization Technology set to disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Maximus VIII Gene
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 980
Hello All,

I have a hackintosh system with a GA Z68X UD3H B3 motherboard with mountain LION 10.8.4. installed. I upgraded the BIOS to version U1L.
In the BIOS, Intel Virtualization Technology is set to disabled, otherwise I had a spinning cursor for ever!
So far so good. However, Now I have installed Parallels desktop, but if I start parallels desktop the following message is displayed:

Your virtual machine may run slow because virtualization support is disabled.

And this means that Windows7 does not start up.
Does this mean that I can not use parallels, because I have to disable Intel Virtualization Technology.

Thanks in advance.

Johan

After installing 10.9 and Parallels 8 I get the same message but I have activated vt-d in BIOS.
Before, I used 10.7 and Parallels 7 and evrything worked fine. Could anybody help me?

I am curious about this. i too disabled Intel Virtualization while i installed 10.9. Everything went smoothly, but i did get the boot0 issue and fixed it from the work around on this site. But, i see the advice to turn off virtualization and no one ever says why. SO, long story short after installing successfully and adding Parallels 8, i also got the error about intel virt being disable and can only have 1 processor in the VM. So, i re enabled Intel Virt in the UEFI and everything works great. My W7 and W8 machine have 3gig of ram and 2 cores.

I am curious why the suggestion to disable it in the UEFI. Is it just a setup thing?

my build is Haswell 4770k, GA Z87X UD5H, 32gig RAM, GTX 770 4Gb, Samsung 1TB SSD. The rest of my settings are below.

UEFI Setup:
◦ Disabled Wake on LAN
◦ Disabled Intel Virtualization technology. ( It may come pre-disabled) ** NOTE this is now ENABLED.
◦ Enabled EHCI Hand-off
◦ Set xHCI mode from Smart Auto to Auto (XHCI Hand-off was already enabled)
◦ Choose my Graphics Card as first display device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back