CPU
i5-4670
Graphics
Intel 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The following instructions are for those running the Clover EFI bootloader. This guide is for those who have a verified working Clover setup for 10.9. Some graphics or audio injection methods may or may not work. The same graphic settings worked for me on 10.10 as they did on 10.9. Audio, will have to be updated via Toleda's cloverALC command file.

Here we go:

0a. Put FakeSMC and other required kexts in /EFI/Clover/Kext/10.10
0b. Set the kext-dev-mode=1 boot argument in your config file. You can also set it manually in clover for each boot, but do it now. Mavericks ignores it, so there's no reason not to.
1. Download Yosemite from MAS
2. Run installer on boot drive
3. Reboot to Clover and go to Options
4. Set Boot-args to "kext-dev-mode=1 -v"
5. Highlight the "Boot OSX Install" at the main Clover screen and hit the spacebar.
6. Verify the boot arguments at the top of the screen from Step 4.
7. Go to bottom of list to boot "without caches and with injected kexts"
8. Sit back and enjoy

9a. If kext-dev-mode=1 is not already set in your Clover config, reboot into the installed 10.10 installation with that argument and add it to your config file. It is needed for Yosemite to run with unsigned kexts, FakeSMC for example.

10. Install any audio/graphics/trim/etc mods you need. I needed to run the new 10.10 TRIM enabler from Multibeast 7.

Notice: This method worked for my GA-Z87-HD3 system which only requires FakeSMC to run in any capacity, as well as graphics injection for HD 4600 if using Clover. Your mileage may vary. Use this as a starting point.

This helps.

-Chris

10-17-14 - Updated info on Step 10.

That's exactly what I did but I also had to go back out to Github and get Toleda's Clover ALC injector and re-run it. That put the zml files back into their spot and I got sound back. That was true of both the Laharl and Flonne builds in my sig (Etna is an audio build for PT11 and Mavericks has to stay on it for now)

I just did that exact thing. Audio is working now. In fact, the entire OS seems to be working great. I can't tell a difference in performance vs. Mavericks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back