Contribute
Register

How to upgrade from macOS 10.12.6 to macOS 10.13.6? Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
The certificate on the installer app expired in 2018, and there's no more recent version.

What you can do is change your system date with the "date" command in terminal. You only need to this to run the installer app, and can change it back when the app has started.

For information on date, run "man date" in the terminal. Rather than tell you how exactly what to do, I'll say this: this is the easiest part of the process to debug, and if you are struggling here, things will only get worse if things go wrong later.

We can't give you exact instructions to follow, because every computer build and setup is different. Instructions that work for one person may not work for you. We can only give you options to attempt, and it's up to you to test them and find out what works.

Make sure you backup everything.

thanks
I already downloaded and will do the installation tomorrow
By the way, the previous version was installed using UniBeast automatically, I just installed the necessary kexts in MultiBeas and that's it
All that I found according to the instructions is here:

Guide: Update Directly to macOS High Sierra (APFS)
Apple is now using APFS (Apple File System) instead of HFS+ for the default file system in macOS High Sierra for solid state drives. If you have a SSD, this guide will auto-convert it to APFS by default. Users with traditional 'spinning' hard disk drives will remain on HFS+ by default. Using APFS with Clover requires copying the apfs.efi file from the installer to your Clover EFI. If you would like to update without converting to APFS use the HFS+ guide below.

1. Update your existing Clover install to v4173+ using MultiBeast or official Clover package.

2. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition using EFI Mounter v3. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. If you need essential kexts, download them here.

3. Copy apfs.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

4. Download Install macOS High Sierra Application from the Mac App Store. When complete, the app will open. Please note, the Application will disappear after use.

5. Choose system drive for install (Example: Macintosh HD). When complete, the computer will automatically reboot.

6. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS Install option (Example: Boot macOS Install from Macintosh HD). Choosing your system drive will go back to your previous installation without updating.

7. Complete the installation process- the computer will automatically reboot a few times.

8. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS option (Example: Boot macOS from Macintosh HD). The computer will then complete the update.

or do i need to stay on (HFS+)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back