Contribute
Register

How to update Yosemite to El Capitan after release ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
asus z97 pro
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hi

i now installed yosemite and i want to update el captian whitout reinstall and delete my files

can i update yosemite to el captain with itunes in on unibeast ?

this is no risk ? this is boot good?

hi

i now installed yosemite and i want to update el captian whitout reinstall and delete my files

can i update yosemite to el captain with itunes in on unibeast ?

this is no risk ? this is boot good?

Im not sure what you mean about iTunes... You can upgrade from Yosemite to El Capitan through the Appstore but there is definately risk and is not recommended (at least by some)...

We are only 9 days away from official release, and Im sure Tony is working on an upgrade guide. Currently the only way to run El Capitan is by way of using Clover...

Right now, the answer is "no" because you are using Unibeast instead of Clover.

I was able to migrate one of my machines from Unibeast to Clover (while still using Yosemite), make sure that's working, and then upgrade it to El Capitan from the App Store. So if you're interested in upgrading in the short term, I'd try to get your machine booting with Clover.

It's possible that Unibeast will eventually support El Capitan, but I don't think anybody has a timeline for that.

Thanks,
Aaron

tonymacx86 is working and testing several guides for installing El Capitan, especially the upgrade from the traditional UniBeast/MultiBeast Yosemite installation. So, stay tuned.

I hope this will also include a guide on going from Yosemite to Clover without a fresh install and the onto El Capitan.
Yes, both fresh install and updating from Clover Yosemite to El Capitan guides.

I am running Yosemite and want to upgrade to El Capitan.. is there a guide to do this upgrade without doing a whole new install?
Thanks
M-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back