Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Centris
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So I have a 'bootable' Linux USB stick which is what OCZ suggests to use to update the firmware on a Mac as per http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?103483-MAC-ONLY-Firmware-update .

But I don't know how to get it to boot on my Hackintosh. I can't boot directly from the BIOS, I can't seem to boot from Chimera, and I can't get to the EFI selection screen that a normal Mac would present if I pressed Option. I don't have Windows lying around (except in Emulator, and that doesn't see the SSD) so I can't use that.

Am I missing something? How can I boot the stick and update the SSD? I'm getting flaky behavior, so I really want to upgrade.

Thanks!

So I have a 'bootable' Linux USB stick which is what OCZ suggests to use to update the firmware on a Mac as per http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?103483-MAC-ONLY-Firmware-update .

But I don't know how to get it to boot on my Hackintosh. I can't boot directly from the BIOS, I can't seem to boot from Chimera, and I can't get to the EFI selection screen that a normal Mac would present if I pressed Option. I don't have Windows lying around (except in Emulator, and that doesn't see the SSD) so I can't use that.

Am I missing something? How can I boot the stick and update the SSD? I'm getting flaky behavior, so I really want to upgrade.

Thanks!

You cannot boot a Linux version intended for a Mac on a PC. You should use the Linux tool for a Windows computer. The tool is booting from Bios. You should not have problem.
I have read that the firmware update of OCZ Vertex is data destructive, check and make backup.

You cannot boot a Linux version intended for a Mac on a PC. You should use the Linux tool for a Windows computer. The tool is booting from Bios. You should not have problem.
I have read that the firmware update of OCZ Vertex is data destructive, check and make backup.

Thanks! That worked. I went from 2.06->2.16->2.20. I lost no data. I also put in the temperature fix as it seemed like a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back