CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi all !

Have discovered a pretty thing on the web today that i will share with you of corse, its about how to set up Facebook chat in message application.

So its very simple, there is the steps to follow

Step 1: Open Messages and select “Add Account” from the dropdown menu in the upper left corner of your Mac.

Step 2: Select “Other messages account…” from the available options and click “Continue.”

Step 3: Select Jabber from the dropdown menu under “Account Type.”

Step 4: Enter your Facebook user name with @chat.facebook.com as the suffix. For example, if your Facebook username is Joe Everyman, your chat username will be [email protected].

Step 5: Enter your Facebook account password.

Step 6: Enter chat.facebook.com in the server options section for “Server.”

Step 7: Enter 5222 for the Port number.

Step 8: Click the “Create” button.

Now your Facebook conversations have been added to Messages. Every time someone on Facebook says hello, you will be notified as if it were one of your Messages chats on OS X.

source : idownloadblog.com

You can't join chat group or attach files with Messages app. Use Astro messenger for facebook, it has more functions and interface is more intuitive.

Hi all !

Have discovered a pretty thing on the web today that i will share with you of corse, its about how to set up Facebook chat in message application.

So its very simple, there is the steps to follow

Step 1: Open Messages and select “Add Account” from the dropdown menu in the upper left corner of your Mac.

Step 2: Select “Other messages account…” from the available options and click “Continue.”

Step 3: Select Jabber from the dropdown menu under “Account Type.”

Step 4: Enter your Facebook user name with @chat.facebook.com as the suffix. For example, if your Facebook username is Joe Everyman, your chat username will be [email protected].

Step 5: Enter your Facebook account password.

Step 6: Enter chat.facebook.com in the server options section for “Server.”

Step 7: Enter 5222 for the Port number.

Step 8: Click the “Create” button.

Now your Facebook conversations have been added to Messages. Every time someone on Facebook says hello, you will be notified as if it were one of your Messages chats on OS X.

source : idownloadblog.com

It worked well under mountain lion, mavericks and yosemite (10.10) but after to 10.10.3 upgrade it doesnt connect. how can i fix it? (iMessage workes fine.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back