Contribute
Register

How to Safely Abandon 10.15 and Roll Back to 10.14 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370XP SLI
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm currently running 10.15.4 and have had enough of this system! When I first updated to Catalina, my Wacom tablet stopped working. Earlier today, I needed to record some audio. I connected my Tascom usb audio interface and Rode mic, and guess what! They didn't work! I had to run Windows to record the audio!

I don't want to spend money to upgrade hardware that I seldom use and rolling back to 10.14 is the best thing to do I think.

So, how to downgrade to 10.14? Is it just mounting the 10.14 dmg and start installing? Is there anything I need to take into considering before rolling back?

Thank you.

I'm currently running 10.15.4 and have had enough of this system! When I first updated to Catalina, my Wacom tablet stopped working. Earlier today, I needed to record some audio. I connected my Tascom usb audio interface and Rode mic, and guess what! They didn't work! I had to run Windows to record the audio!

I don't want to spend money to upgrade hardware that I seldom use and rolling back to 10.14 is the best thing to do I think.

So, how to downgrade to 10.14? Is it just mounting the 10.14 dmg and start installing? Is there anything I need to take into considering before rolling back?

Thank you.
wipe and re install (backup your important stuff first!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back