CPU
I7-9700K
Graphics
NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, so after testing on OS X and from linux live cd, it appears as though my internal ,mic is dead.

I have considered doing the 1080p screen upgrade at some point, so if I were to fix the mic, it would no doubt be at the same time.

My problem is I am finding it hard to get any info from google, has anyone replaced a mic before, or know when I could order the replacement part?

Thanks

Rob

cool thats a great video for replacing the screen, my internet is useles tonight for some reasn, i cant remember the last time something had to buffer lol, but it clearly shows the mic etc..

i just need to find the replacement part, il see if I can contact somebody uk based at HP tomorrow.

thanks for the link!!

There's usually plenty of people selling parts for 4530's on ebay, I'd look at that option too. HP part prices might be a bit steep. I'd check out the connectors on the mic cable first, to be honest its rare for parts to fail these days but connectors often come/work loose.

Pete

Hey, good News:
The Webcam/Microfone Module is not that expensive!

But first: really check the cable and the pins for the module. One Pin was bend to the side when i replaced my Screen. So the webcam was working, but the mic was not. So i fixed it with a needle and bend it back. There was no need to buy a news webcammodule.
Webcam is working for you? Just a problem with the mic? Drivers all ok?

Here is the Service Manual for you HP Probook:
http://images10.newegg.com/User-Manual/User_Manual_34-158-074.pdf

If you really just want to check/change the webcam module, the first 7 Minutes of the video that was linked by Pete are awesome!

Webcammodule (Mic integrated): Part# 642795-001 (Net Price 25.74 USD)
or
MicModule (if you dont need / use a webcam and you don't mind the hole in the bezel): Part# 642797-001 (Net Price 14.75 USD)

Buy here:
http://h20141.www2.hp.com/Hpparts/CountryChoice.aspx?mscssid=&valid=False

Changing that Webcammodule is awesomely easy.
It will sure be harder to replace the 1080p and the cable attached to it (you can not use the old one with the news sceen).
The hours for my 1080p Update was so much worth it.
Very nice instructions here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...isplay-upgrade-1080p-update-2012-06-30-a.html

Thanks for the really informative responses!!!

the webcam works fine, it's just the mic, installed using probook installer 6 for osx, so assume kext is good, it's all recognised just not functioning.

tried it on a mint kde Linux disk and opensuse, no mic again.

im more than happy to open things up to fix them, I'll perhaps look at the mic now, then ill know if I need to order parts when I do the screen.

thanks again

ok, good.
Please check the cable or the pins on the webcammodule.
You can check everything really nice when installing the 1080p display.
You can even check the whole cable from the board to the webcammodule.

Keep us up2date and enjoy installing the new display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back