i7-8700k
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys,

I know that this is a common question on here and I've followed several guides, which did help and allowed me to remove several unnecessary options, but I'm still left with three additional options that I need to get rid of.

The extra options are:
- Windows from EFI
- Windows from
- MacOS Install from Mojave

I've looked for these options in various places including looking for their UUIDs, looking in the boot logs, etc. but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I've attached a zip of my whole EFI folder in the hopes that someone may be able to help me out with this.

Similar question: No matter how many times I try and switch the order of priority in the BIOS, it still automatically goes to the Windows Bootloader first instead of Clover, which allows me to choose Mac or Windows. Any suggestions of how to get that switched permanently?

As always, thank you!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.5 MB · Views: 46
You have an update that has not been successfully installed and the file is still in your root. (MacOS Install from Mojave)
For the Windows entries - see the Clover Wiki on how to Hide entries.

So regarding the update that hasn't been installed, does that mean I should just boot from that version and install an update? I'm hesitant to make many changes when it took me this long to get everything working.

Regarding the Windows entries, I read through the Clover Wiki and thought I tried everything, but maybe not. I'll give it another look.

Okay, now I understand regarding the update. I did it and that option disappeared from Clover. I've avoided upgrading to Catalina because I'm worried about screwing things up, but it doesn't look like this update did that.

Now I'll go into the Clover Wiki and try and figure out that portion. Thanks!

Alright, I tried to figure this out on my own by reading all sorts of different threads and nothing being totally clear in one go... but I finally figured it out and will lay it out here simplified in case anyone comes in with my same predicament:

1. I was able to get rid of the Mac OS Install by running the update, as per the suggestion above
2. I was able to get rid of the Recovery and Preboot options by going into the Gui menu of Clover Configurator and under "Hide Volume" I made an entry for "Recovery" and another for "Preboot". Simple
3. I tried a bunch of different ways to hide the other options, but couldn't figure out their UUIDs, which would allow me to hide them. I tried, in Clover, to press spacebar on them, but unlike the correct login options, they didn't have any information associated (no UUID, path, etc.).
4. In Clover Configurator, I went into Boot.log and generated a boot log
5. I looked through the boot.log until I found the name of the erroneous boot options. I noticed that they fell under something called "Legacy."
6. Did some more research and turns out, there's an option to un-check "Legacy" in that same Gui tab of Clover Configurator. Don't know what it means, but when I unclicked it, it worked.
7. For clarity, I then created Custom Entries for the boot options I wanted using the UUIDs I found in step 3.

Tada!

Thanks for your help, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back