Contribute
Register

How to recover ML 10.8.4 installation after incorrectly applied MultiBeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77N-WIFI
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
HD4000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,

Could someone give me an advice how to fix my hackintosh without reinstalling it from the scratch, please?
My CustoMac Mini was working fine with ML 10.8.3 until I got an idea to upgrade 10.8.4 :(
The upgrade went more or less ok, but I realised rather soon that I have no sound anymore, so I decided to reapply MultiBeast first, and my system doesn't boot anymore (most likely because I only ticked Realtek drivers to be Upgraded without any other stuff).

Any ideas how to get the system booted in order to reapply MultiBeast (it doesn't even boot with -x or -f flags)?

Thank you in advance!
Regards,
artello73

Boot with -x -f -v graphicsenabler=no ...... and then delete the kexts you installed last time and reboot.

Thanks for an advice, but the system still doesn't boot with -x -f -v graphicsenabler=no flags :(
I wonder if there is any way to boot from Unibeast ML USB drive, and fix reapply MultiBeast?

You need to do some research. I've heard that you can enter terminal mode from the boot stick and delete the settings in the Extras folder you installed. I haven't attempted to do that yet. Good luck.

where are the kext installed?
Sorry, noob question, I would like to do the same thing, but since I am just getting crazy on this installation (first time) I don't think I remember all the kexts that I have chosen in the previous installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back