2.81 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 650 ti 1024 MB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Currently running Yosemite. Would like to update to Sierra, but Clover has to be updated. How can I properly update Clover to a newer version and keep my current settings?

There's Clover Configurator, it contains a tool for updating the clover installation, but I haven't tested that yet.

The manual way is:
Backup the config.plist file in the Clover directory, the kexts folder and drivers folder.
After that, search for updated versions of those kexts and drivers. Next verify if there's something that needs to be updated/removed/changed from the config.plist file. TIP: The clover installer can be used to update some drivers.

After that, just paste the backups in the new clover installation. If your kexts is in a version folder (like 10.10, 10.11), and you don't need to change any of them, just rename that folder to 10.12 or 10.12.4 (last update), or rename to "Other".

Last edited:
Thanks for the answers. Will try and report back if I have any troubles. Cheers!

Edit: I copied my EFI partition to my USB to use my USB as test drive for the update. Used MacMan's .PKG to update. It boots fine to the Clover bootscreen. However after I try to boot my MacOS partition, I get the following kernel panic: (see attachment)

Attachments

• IMG_3089.JPG
    IMG_3089.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,032
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back