Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

Im currently using the Gigabyte B75m-D3H board and as a whole its absolutely great.

However In the last few weeks ive had my BIOS somehow corrupted and pushed back to its default state. Obviously OSX wont boot and it involved having to go back into BIOS and make the corrections to rectify it.

Im using an Apple Cinema Display with DVI which for some reason wont let me see anything in BIOS without it being scrambled so I have to connect the system to a HDMI monitor to make the changes etc etc.

Just wondering if there was a way to make the changes I make in the BIOS permanent so if it does ever corrupt again, it will automatically put those settings back in to BIOS for me without going back to an OEM state?

Cheers

Maybe try installing the latest version? And this sounds like the CMos Reset problem.

Thanks for the reply,

just updated my BIOS to F12 from F7 so hopefully that might help.

whats the CMOS problem?

I thought they're may have been a way to flash my new settings to the bios somehow?

Do you have a DSDT installed?

No, I wasn't aware I needed it for this board.

If the issue still occurs, you might want to install/compile one. The ElliotLegacyRTC is designed for systems without a DSDT, but I don't know if that would affect your system for the good/bad.

I'll have to have a read up,

apart from this the system runs perfectly so I'm hoping it might be sorted with the update!

thanks

Were you ever able to resolve this issue? I am having it on a fresh install of Mavericks on the very same board.

Were you ever able to resolve this issue? I am having it on a fresh install of Mavericks on the very same board.

Had same issue on a completely different board. +1

For whatever reason, I woke up to the system having reset itself, I reran multibeast and restarted a few times, then got a message that bios was corrupted and it was resetting itself, it restarted and ran???
h87n,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back