Z97S SLI Krait Edition, El Capitan
CPU
i7 4770k
Graphics
EVGA GTX980
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
How to over clock UEFI bios ( U1h ) i7 2600k GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

I have updated to UEFI bios U1h and everything including Sleep / Wake button works. I can only get up to multiplier to 34X but can't go any further. How can i overclock it to atleast 42X. I have installed SSDT but doesn't seem to do anything.
I am currently running Mountain Lion 10.8.1. Any help ? Thanks

My current Benchmark is this
Screen Shot 2012-09-09 at 2.10.25 PM.png

I found this video on YouTube very helpful actually. You have to pay attention though, the kid is all over the place. lol Also, he has links to a forum in the information section that has even more info. I just used it to go to 4.2GHz personally. Any by the way, since you can't go to 5.0GHz on a hackintosh, which is why I went to the recommended 4.2GHz, I did not do anything with the Voltage section, FYI. :)

5.0GHZ Overclocking Guide with Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev 1.3 Intel 2700K

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSDtMzf_EaE

P.S. Just curious, but did you do anything special when upgrading from 10.8.0 to 10.8.1? I can't find a forum on our board.

Nope, i just did an update from apple to 10.8.1 without any problems. i will look into the video, thanks.

My problem is when i overclock it with just the frequency to 42X, my Geekbench mark goes way down to 6000.

Oh!, are you on U1h bios ? I have no problem going to 42X on F12 bios but just this UEFI bios (U1h) on Hackintoch doesn't do the trick.

Wooops, I totally got confused. I saw the BIOS part and thought you were talking about BIOS's. I am still on F12. Sorry. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back