Contribute
Register

How to mount the efi partition on the USB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
How to mount the efi partition on the USB? (solved?)

I can no longer boot from the system drive, only from the install usb drive. The big list of solutions says to

Confirm that you've installed Clover to the system drive and selected Install for UEFI Booting Only and Install Clover in the ESP

Remove everything inside EFI/CLOVER/ from the system drive, and replace it with everything inside EFI/CLOVER/ from the USB drive

I don't know how to do either one of those things. I googled "esp" and I think it stands for "EFI System Partition" When I installed, I used Multi-beast to install "UEFI Boot Mode" as per instructions.

Second, I opened "EFI Mounter v3" and it gives me the option to mount disk0s1, disk1s1, disk2s1, or disk3s1. It says "Current Boot Disk is disk0s2". Is disk0 the usb drive? Which is my system drive? How can I tell them apart? I don't want to copy the wrong thing to the wrong place and mess things up worse...

This problem is part of bigger issues detailed here and here.

Ok, i figured it out. The answers were hidden in the Clover Install Log on the Efi Partition of disk0. It identified disk0 as my system disk and disk3 as my usb. Also, when I mounted disk3 it had a usb icon and didn't have an apple folder inside, unlike disk0.

I was able to boot from my system drive again, but I had to select it in the bios first. There are two of them. Duplicates. But I think that's a problem for my other thread. Hopefully this one is solved (please confirm that I did it right!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back