Contribute
Register

How to monitor PCI GPU temps in HW or iStat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so, all my other temps for HW and iStat are working fine? J

Edit: Just checked, I have the fake SMC kext already installed and within it the GPU sensor kext in plugins alongaide other CPu and motherboard kexts.

iStat does recognise GPU fan speed as does HW, but there isnt any GPU temps

Any other suggestions?

I have EVGA GTX 660 in one system and both iStat and HWMonitor show gpu temperature, you wouldn't happen to have an older version of FakeSMC ?

My version is whats included in MB 5.3.1.
Im reluctant to upgrade MB due to FileNvRam missing.

So I if this is indeed the case where the version is older, Ill try find a fake file and manually install it

Care to share your version?

Thank you

Edit: To make sure I dont sound like a complete idiot, I do get 'GPU die sensor' in both HW and iStat but IM ASSUMING this is the integrated GPU on the CPU, not my dedicated GTX 660. The GTX 660 does list the fan speed as GPU 1 - 1200rpm, so Im assuming I should be getting a GPU 1 Temp: **** for example. Am i right?

My version is whats included in MB 5.3.1.
Im reluctant to upgrade MB due to FileNvRam missing.

So I if this is indeed the case where the version is older, Ill try find a fake file and manually install it

Care to share your version?

Thank you

Edit: To make sure I dont sound like a complete idiot, I do get 'GPU die sensor' in both HW and iStat but IM ASSUMING this is the integrated GPU on the CPU, not my dedicated GTX 660. The GTX 660 does list the fan speed as GPU 1 - 1200rpm, so Im assuming I should be getting a GPU 1 Temp: **** for example. Am i right?

I also get gpu die reading and in my case I know for sure that it is temperature of GTX 660 since my Xeon 1230V2 doesn't have an onboard gpu. Try running something that puts a heavy load on gpu, like Heaven 4.0, and see if that gpu die temperature starts to rise. This is what happens when I start Heaven :

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-27 at 16.21.23.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-08-27 at 16.21.23.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 262
Hmmm ok thanks, ill test it tomorrow.

Still unsure if gpu die is dedicated. But your case seems to confirm it isn't. I guess the gpu title is misleading as what happens if users have a IGPU and a PCI GPU running at the same time over multiple monitors.

I feel like semi idiot now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back