Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone

First post from my Hackintosh!
I am using:
Intel i3 3225 Ivy Bridge
Gigabyte B75M-D3H

Thanks to moarfish for his guide!

I would just like to know what the best way to monitor CPU temperature would be?
I tried a couple programs but they all needed drivers.
A search in the forums suggested a fakeSMC kext but my system is working so well, sleep and all, that I am not sure installing a new kext is the best idea.

Any insight would be very much appreciated!

This just worked of me. I only had my SSD in iStat Menus. I saw the post below, downloaded MultiBeast 5.1.3. and installed FakeSMC and FameSMC Plugins, rebooted and iStat had a few more but not many. HWMonitor had a much better list though.

The only one that isn't working apparently is Ambient Temp. It lists mine as a constant 261 degrees Fahrenheit Despite all 4 of my cores being in the 70's F (window is open) But yeah. It hurts to ignore ambient but I know something isn't right. At least I have the others. :)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/279-inside-multibeast-new-fakesmc-plugins-hardware-monitoring-app.html

since monitoring CPU Temp is a deep underlaying kernel process,
you dont have any chance, besides installing a kext
( since you have installed fakesmc ( w/o boot is impossible) you can install the mobo plugins ( and delete the nonfitting ones) without greater damage.

the only other idea is to take your thermometer and measure the fever of your cpu

since monitoring CPU Temp is a deep underlaying kernel process,
you dont have any chance, besides installing a kext
( since you have installed fakesmc ( w/o boot is impossible) you can install the mobo plugins ( and delete the nonfitting ones) without greater damage.

the only other idea is to take your thermometer and measure the fever of your cpu

What a great suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back